PDA

View Full Version : Gfay

Shadow-Wolf
01-31-2004, 08:14 AM
ok heres whats going on, im trying to add a PoK book next to the original one that zones to one of the custom zones im working on strange thing is i can't find any doors for Gfay in the DB but i can in-game. anyone might know whats going on?

masticism
01-31-2004, 09:21 AM
I'm assuming by Gfay you mean Gfaydark in which case I have several doors listed in the doors table which correspond to Gfaydark. Are you sure your looking for them correctly?

Shadow-Wolf
01-31-2004, 09:36 AM
for some reason they wont show in CC but they will in EQAdmin now i have the problem with the door i added not showing up...

masticism
01-31-2004, 09:42 AM
I recall having some problems with this myself. Everytime I would update a door type it wouldn't change. For example, I modified the entry for the stone switch in paineel to be a POKTELE500 type and changed the x, y, z, destinations (I simply wanted to bypass the non-working lift there). However, just updating the values directly in the database did not change the way the door showed up in game. I know my updates went through because I verified the change locally on the database using a local mysql client.

It wasn't until I deleted the specific door entry and added a new one that the change actually took place. Keep in mind that I had tried completely shutting down all servers (including mysqld).

It lead me to believe that some sort of caching or shared memory was occuring but I couldn't track it down. Anyone else have problems like this?

Oh by the way, I did my changes using a mysql client (EMS MySQL Manager). I found EQAdmin to be a bit slow and buggy.

Windcatcher
01-31-2004, 09:44 AM
Make sure the name of the "door" for the PoK book is "POKTELE500". If you look in the doors table for gfaydark you should see two other entries. Just add another. I haven't tried adding one to an existing zone, but I did manage to get one added to a custom zone this way (teleports you back to the gfay PoD lift). Also watch that doorid value. I couldn't get the book to appear when it was set to 0 but setting it to 1 make it appear ingame.

WC

Shadow-Wolf
01-31-2004, 06:47 PM
oh well i just made the existing pok book port em to my zone but the problem is now that it didn't take me to the destination i set, it took me more like to X:-55 Y:0 Z:-33333333(something like that X and Y were correct though) i keep falling until i hit underworld and for some reason when it sent me to the safe destination i fall for 20000 points of damage and respawn falling(if i type #zone it gets the destination right the seconed time(if i type #zone fist i still get the mess up)).

Squiffy
02-01-2004, 02:05 PM
Chances are you have your X and Y coords messed up somewhere. Verant was stupid with their /loc command, because it bastardizes standard Cartesian coordinates into y, x, z instead of x, y, z. #loc will show x,y,z, however.

A lot of zone safepoints are wrong, or set to null.

Just a couple of ideas.

Shadow-Wolf
02-01-2004, 02:38 PM
no thats not the problem X and Y are correct cause i get em from Openzone the only problem is Z.