PDA

View Full Version : EQEMu 0.5.3

kryddan
02-02-2004, 09:22 AM
Need a link to where i can download EQEMu 0.5.3 please

On this site i can only find EQEMu 0.5.2 and this gives me error 1017.

wize_one
02-02-2004, 09:31 AM
hmm..think we need a eye test for people signing up..geesh....look at the very first message in this forum.

Tertiary
02-02-2004, 09:35 AM
hmm..think we need a eye test for people signing up..geesh....look at the very first message in this forum.

At the time of writing, Shawn's link to 5.3DR3 is broken:

http://shawn319.eqemulator.net/cvs

Object not found!
The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 404
pt.heliacal.net
Mon Feb 2 16:33:46 2004
Apache/2.0.48 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.48 OpenSSL/0.9.7c DAV/2 PHP/5.0.0b3

Trumpcard
02-02-2004, 09:36 AM
But Sourceforge CVS isnt broken, go to the SF cvs page and follow the instructions there.

Shawns links were there until we resolved the SF CVS issues. These are fixed now, please resume using SF's CVS.

Tertiary
02-02-2004, 09:43 AM
But Sourceforge CVS isnt broken, go to the SF cvs page and follow the instructions there.

Shawns links were there until we resolved the SF CVS issues. These are fixed now, please resume using SF's CVS.

Sorry Trumpcard ... maybe delete or Edit the NEWEST BINARIES sticky to reflect this to avoid confusion ?

Trumpcard
02-02-2004, 09:51 AM
Good idea... I never liked providing binaries anyways! Shawn might resume building updated binaries for you if you ask nicely though...

Tertiary
02-02-2004, 09:59 AM
Good idea... I never liked providing binaries anyways!

Yup, now that anyone can compile the source under Windows with Dev-C++, DR binaries maybe shouldn't be needed so much ... :roll:

samandhi
02-02-2004, 10:11 AM
maybe delete or Edit the NEWEST BINARIES sticky to reflect this to avoid confusion ?

I think Mattmeck is going to host/post the newest binaries for people to get a hold of. Not sure if hes going to put the link in the sticky or on his new IDIOT proof guide that he's working on hehe. I sent him a copy of the 0.5.3 DR3 perl enabled compiled binaries (please dont pm me for these files, as they will probably be available soon). I think he's trying really hard to get info in ONE place so there will be less confusion therefore less pissed off moderators <smile>

Hell, we might even be able to take away his newbie slayer title and replace it with Mattmeck: Druid (EQ lover of all nature and NOOBS)

Tertiary
02-02-2004, 10:18 AM
Mattmeck said he was leaving EQEmu .. scroll down a bit in this thread:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12674

samandhi
02-02-2004, 10:30 AM
Oh, WOW! Ok then, hehe if anyone can (or wants to) host them I have the compiled perl binaries for the newest release... Sorry for my lack of attention span.. But ONE thing is true I guess. We CAN take the title of newbie slayer.. (no offense intended to anyone, just a mood lightener).

I have also found an old thread of Scorpious2k that had a good fix for starting items(for those still having problems with it), but it is in QBASIC, and compiled them into a .sql if anybody wants to host that also...Unless you just want me to post the sql code, but it is AWEFUL LONG.

samandhi
02-02-2004, 10:31 AM
Oh yeah, also I have a pretty decent start to a one page ERROR page that might help if you want me to post it.

kryddan
02-02-2004, 10:47 AM
sigh...getting late here...cant find 0.5.3 on SF cvs ....need a link that i can put my mouse cursor over and click please : )

samandhi
02-02-2004, 11:02 AM
It is there, it is just not under the right category. It is under eqemu admin, not eqemu server....

Priestslc
02-03-2004, 04:40 PM
Ok I have looked through all the forums, and anywhere else that I could think of, on SF, in all the files and EQEmu 5.3DR3 is nowhere to be found, yet the majority of the servers are running EQEmu 5.3DR3, I would like a opertunity to get EQEmu 5.3DR3, and then I found this post that stated that EQEmu 5.3DR3 in under the admin section of SF, but you must be a member of the development team to access it, So I registered on SF, that did absolutly no good what so ever. If there is anyone that is currently running EQEmu 5.3DR3 that would be willing to post a link so that I could download it, Source, Binaries, anything I would appriciate it, because it does not exist here. and it looks that where it was at one point avaliable with no support, it has been yanked away from those trying to learn it.

Thank you in advance.

farce
02-03-2004, 04:45 PM

You see, you actually have to use CVS to get the files.

go to the eqemulator.net homepage, click files, then click cvs and that page tells you how to get it. provide you have a cvs client. but i'll leave that as an excercise for you.

Mongrel
02-03-2004, 08:25 PM
Yeah, what farce said.

CVS isn't for dummies. It's easy, but not idiot proof (like a direct download link and even that isn't idiot proof, hehe).