PDA

View Full Version : That Zone is unavailable ???????????

Daisy
02-03-2004, 01:19 AM
allways I klick on "Enter World", I get the message: "Subject" not with my Human character at north Queynos, but with all other (greater feydark, nektulus Forest ...)

smogo
02-03-2004, 02:44 AM
this might not be the reason, but :

on standard configuration, servers have only a few zones up (typically main start area like qeynos), other zones are bootup on demand.

If no player is in the requested zone, it might take a while until the zone bootsup, and your client gets connected. Thus timeout incurs (duno where exactly in the code, client or server, this happens).

One simple solution, is to try again and again (until you get kicked off, as this happens) to force load. This is not very nice to the server, though, but happens to work.

mogasch
02-03-2004, 03:31 AM
ok thx I`ll try, but it doesn`t work at nektulus Forest!?!?

wize_one
02-03-2004, 06:20 AM
alot of server only run the defualt boo5zones, so if 5 people already are on and you try to log in to a zone that someone is not in, there is no room for anothother zone to boot up.

hope this sheds a little light onto your possible problem

sh0rtlife
02-05-2004, 10:01 AM
actualy ive noticed this problem too....just click again and 99% of the time you will go in...its like the first time it says hey server i need the zone....but gets no reply ..the second time it says the same thing and the server reply with its comeing up
just think of it as a message of " gimmy a sec please try again"

....i have the benifit of running a server and haveing 2 other pc's that can log into it at the same time so i get to see alot of what users would and do see

dimitri
02-05-2004, 11:02 PM
im getting this message as of 3am EST on ALL servers with ALL zones... i dont know what to do, i tried clicking enter world more than once but its not working. i tried on most of the servers, i tried making new characters, i tried everything, rebooting, reseting my DSL and router, but to no avail... im not sure if its on their end or what?

i know that if it says the zone is down its typically on that end... my friend is getting that same error too.. its weird because it all happened after we crashed out of nektulos forest on the GW server and now since then we cant log back into any servers...

we also keep getting bad username/pw

samandhi
02-06-2004, 09:22 AM
im getting this message as of 3am EST on ALL servers with ALL zones... This HAS to be something on your side. Are you patched to current? Are you getting to the character create screen?