PDA

View Full Version : NEW TO EQEMU PLEASE HELP

Slash106
02-03-2004, 06:21 AM
hi there I installed Everquest, patched it then followed the tutorial (did the "c:\programfile\everquest" patchme) thingand set up my account but it logs me onto my normal EQ account anyone mind telling me how to play on EQemu please? im new to this program and not sure how to use it really at all please help :)

Slash106
02-03-2004, 06:29 AM
also im having trouble logging on do i use the pw and account name i have used here??

wize_one
02-03-2004, 06:38 AM
1) edit your eqhost.txt file to this:

[Registration Servers]
{
"eqlogin1.eqemulator.net:5997"
"eqlogin2.eqemulator.net:5997"
"eqlogin3.eqemulator.net:5997"
}
[Login Servers]
{
"eqlogin1.eqemulator.net:5997"
"eqlogin2.eqemulator.net:5997"
"eqlogin3.eqemulator.net:5997"
}

2)

hi there I installed Everquest, patched it then followed the tutorial (did the "c:\programfile\everquest" patchme) thingand set up my account but it logs me onto my normal EQ account anyone mind telling me how to play on EQemu please? im new to this program and not sure how to use it really at all please help

it should be c:\programfile\eqgame.exe patchme. running everquest.exe is causing the game to connect to sony and redownload files, hense overwriting your eqhost file, making you log into sonys system

Slash106
02-03-2004, 09:02 AM
i cant find eqgame.exe im using everquest trilogy, I can find eqgame, everquest, everquest trilogy

Slash106
02-03-2004, 09:15 AM
ok I managed to find eqgame.exe and put the patchme at the end i have all the txt files changed like they should be and it no longer brings up the patch screen, and takes me right to the EULA, i try to logon but still it takes me to the SOE server

samandhi
02-03-2004, 09:22 AM
i cant find eqgame.exe im using everquest trilogy, I can find eqgame, everquest, everquest trilogy

That is the one eqgame. It is referred to as eqgame.exe because that is actually what it is.. You have the default setup of windows, which, by default, hides all known extensions (ie... .exe). If I were you I would go into the folder everquest c:\Program Files\Everquest and copy all the contents into a folder YOU create thusly c:\EqEmu and paste all the contents you have copied into it. Now you can make a shortcut from THAT folder on your desktop. Here's how it should read: C:\EqEmu\eqgame.exe patchme. Now when you play all you have to do it double click on that icon and you will be on EqEmu. Make sure you modify your eqhost file as wize posted. BUT only for the one in your EqEmu folder not the one in Everquest folder. This way you can play live AND play EqEmu without fear of either breaking (read, not working). Hope this helps.