PDA

View Full Version : database tutorial?

kryddan
02-03-2004, 08:56 AM
I am looking for a Database tutorial. Have checked out the posts but not found anything.

When i try to start up the eq admin tool 5.0 i get an error saying it cannot connect to the database. I have downloaded a DB from a forum here on www.eqemulator.net. I have named the file the same as i state in the db.ini file.

If there is a step by step database tutorial out there it would be great.

Error message:
------
exeption: tblNPCTypes field

samandhi
02-03-2004, 09:26 AM
You dont have to have the Admin tool to use EqEmu with your own server. There is probably not any support for it because it is a 3rd party tool that was just meant to make things easier to see, instead of the text you see just using MySQL... I am not totally sure what you are wanting to learn about (tutorial wize) but the guides in "Guides and How-To's " teach you what you need to know about SQL to get you up and running. Try plugging in the error you have in search, and read on, there is probably something out there that will solve your issue. If you are needing to know how to change data and add tables and the like. You can read the MySQL manual for commands, or you COULD try something like MySQLFront, which is a lot like EQAdmin...

Lurker_005
02-03-2004, 10:01 PM
It sounds like you are not loading (sourceing) the database file into mysql. An example would be
mysql eq < mw_052_053_alpha2.sql

Anyhow I suggest you take a look thru the "tutorial and howto" forum specifically http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11423
After your server is up and running, then try to get the Admin tool to work.

kryddan
02-04-2004, 06:52 AM
I wasnt sourceing the database...Got it working. Thanks a bunch.

FYI used:

cd\mysql\bin
mysql -u root mysql
create database eq
use eq
source mw_052_053_alpha2.sql

samandhi
02-04-2004, 07:39 AM
dont forget to source in update.sql, or jan24_update.sql depending on the version of EqEmu you are using.