PDA

View Full Version : npc troubles

sh0rtlife
02-05-2004, 08:35 AM
3 things

1 how do you perminantly remove a npc from the zone?..can it be done while in the zone?(if so how?)

2 how do you perminantly add items/plat to any given npc can it be done in zone(if so how)

3 (tho i think i figured this out) how do you make a "NEW" npc (ive played with this abit with mixxed results)

not shure if im missing a DB or something but what about makeing mobs wander...

durring my 3+ years in EQ live ive spent the last year makeing almost PERFECT maps all the way down to pin pointing EVERY spawn..so im trying to work from them to get some of the odd zones corrected

haloboycs
02-05-2004, 12:59 PM
1. delete from db - (someone take it from here) i read somewhere said you can do it during being in zone but it cause bad thing happening (???) but best choice is reboot server.

2. edit db, reboot server.

3. not sure what u meant "NEW".. create a new mob is what u meant? add in db and reboot server.

(not db expert here, someone can correct me this, i can be wrong!)

Conan
02-06-2004, 01:21 AM
To create a new npc,

First use the #spawn command

Then target the npc after all is setup and do

#npcspawn create
#npcspawn add

Reboot and there ya go.

As for removeing spawns only way I know how is to edit the db and remove them that way.

sh0rtlife
02-06-2004, 06:18 AM
ok thanx that all makes sense...now this is going to sound like a realy supid question....whats the finished DB name..or is there one..(maybe im not understanding) i know you take DB.sql and source it in and add others to that...this i know as fact..but once youve source it all do you have a finished file you can edit(if so what?) cause none of the db files even changed in size...i would have thought it would have been DB.sql but i dont find any spawn info in it...even tho i have npc's in my server

smogo
02-06-2004, 06:30 AM
none of the db files even changed in size
It is normal. As the database is managed by the DB server Mysql. Mysql stores the data in its own files. Once you have sourced, the db.sql is not used anymore (until you re-source)

do you have a finished file you can edit ?
no, the files used internally by the Db server are not human-editable. You can alter the content of the database with front-end tools, like mysql front ('think is the name) or a 3rd party manager like EQ Admin tool.
If you prefer, you can also dump the contents of your new database to a file. This will give you an updated db.sql (or any name you want to give it), that you can use again to source a new db. Be careful using this until you understand well of database server works. Until then, better use a user-friendly interface like the EQ Admin tool [/quote]

tcsmyworld
02-07-2004, 05:49 AM
To remove a npc in-game use the command #npcspawn remove , that will remove the npc from the DB.