PDA

View Full Version : can't even load eqgame

mchao
02-05-2004, 09:54 AM
i installed the game and did everything the howto said to. but when i open the shortcut, the screen goes blank for a bit, and then returns to the desktop. i tried searching on the forums, but nobody else seems to have this problem. i don't know what to do. help, anyone, please?

Monrezz
02-05-2004, 09:59 AM
Try changing your desktop colour depth to 16-bit.

If that doesn't work Patch EQLive and hope Emu is still compatible with it (should be up until the Feb 10th scheduled patch).

If that doesn't work, reinstall.

Monrezz

mchao
02-05-2004, 10:23 AM
nope, nothing. after several reinstalls and trying everything i can think of, it still doesn't work. must be my computer. *sighs*

oh well, i've never played EQ before anyway, so i can live without it.

Scorpious2k
02-05-2004, 02:24 PM
Do you have the latest version of directx installed? what is your screen's resolution and number of colors? Do you have a supervga monitor? does your video card support the game's resolution?

It sounds video related. You might try using eqw too. Sometimes it can do things that eq can't do solo.

mchao
02-05-2004, 04:50 PM
i have a GeForce2 Ti 64mb, and i have the latest drivers and directx installed. i'm currently using 1280x960 @ 32 bit colors, but i tried all sorts of combinations to get it to work, but still nothing.

i don't know what eqw is.

samandhi
02-05-2004, 08:04 PM
It is called EQWindows. Sometimes when you use "c:\EqEmu\eqgame.exe patchme" it doesnt work for everyone, try using eqwindows. Just do a google search for it, I believe you should be able to find it there.

Also, another thing to try (though this sounds wierd, it helped me when I had a similar problem), is to delete the shortcut, and open up windows explorer, and right click, send-to, desktop, then open up properties and add the patchme statement.. (of course unless you did this method). You have to remember, you are dealing with WINDOWS... blah.... Hope one of these things helps...