PDA

View Full Version : Black screen after character load...

Kuud
02-05-2004, 11:25 AM
I click enter world, loading screen comes up, then goes away and stays on this black screen, can't CTRL ALT DEL nada, just a blank screen and can hear the music going in the background. Any clues or suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance.

samandhi
02-05-2004, 08:16 PM
I click enter world, loading screen comes up, then goes away and stays on this black screen, can't CTRL ALT DEL nada, just a blank screen and can hear the music going in the background. Any clues or suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance.

In my experience with this problem, it depends on what you are trying to do... Are you logging into a character that went LD or crashed? Are you just trying to login for the first time with this char?

If you are trying to login to a char that you have already played, try creating a new char and doing the #movechar command. Sometimes a character can go to a zone and the information for that zone is corrupt, and you have to move them to another location, or even the same zone but with the right data...

If you just cant login with any char, try (when you first boot up the game) pressing alt+enter, to make eq in a window, then after you get IN the game press it again to make it full screen again...

Hope this solves your problem... Also, are you just playing EqEmu, or are you trying to play on your own server?