PDA

View Full Version : Sandy's Loot Editor

sandy
02-08-2004, 10:44 AM
LootEditor-v1.1.zip (http://www.projecteq.com/sandy/looteditor/LootEditor-1.1.zip) (binaries)
LootEditor-v1.1-Source.zip (http://www.projecteq.com/sandy/looteditor/LootEditor-1.1-Source.zip) (source files)

You need a working database for eqemu
If your npcs have spawn points, with this program you will be able to change the loot of each npc, it's sorted by zone/race of the npc/npc names and it shows then when you select a npc its loot table

you need to extract looteditor files in eqemu directory or to copy db.ini and spells_us.txt from eqemu directory to the directory where you extracted looteditor =)

next you need to add the 'races' table in your database from the 'races.sql' file

here is a preview :
http://alliancekfc.webdynamit.net/eqemu/looteditor.jpg

I hope it will help you =)

PS: thx to projecteq to host my tools ^^

Monrezz
02-09-2004, 11:17 AM
Crashes for me (WinXP).

Gets the Fatal Error, must be shutdown, would you like to send error report etc.

Looks very good - but as soon as I try and load a zone it crashes.

The file is in the EQEMu directory so has the correct libmysql.dll and db.ini.

Looks very useful though, if you can get it working :P

Monrezz

Trumpcard
02-09-2004, 01:19 PM
You are a brave, brave man Monrezz !

sandy
02-09-2004, 01:50 PM
can you send me your zone, spawn2, spawngroup, spawnentry, and npc_types tables and datas if possible plz so i can try it and see what's going wrong =)
thx

email me that at magic1612@wanadoo.fr

i need more people to try it to make it works =) thx for your help by advance

I've updated the version of looteditor to download, it's the last one, it needs spells_us.txt now if you want to see effects for items
re download it maybe =)

Monrezz
02-10-2004, 05:58 AM
You are a brave, brave man Monrezz !

Brave, or stupid? :)

Tried it on a spare box, not that brave :wink:

Don't suppose you want to distribute the source for your proggie sandy, I'm sure if people knew it was 100% safe they would be more...willing... to download it. People are a little untrusting here, when closed-source programs attempt to connect to the web...

Monrezz

sandy
02-10-2004, 12:12 PM
I don't understand ?
it doesn't connect to the web
it connects only to your database on your computer
explain to me what's wrong it's the 1rst time I program and distribute something

wize_one
02-10-2004, 12:44 PM
releasing the source makes sure there is no virus in it..granted the net calls could just be attempts to attach to the database, but without people being able to see the code, it could be a virus-trojan-wurm. a bunch of things..people are just security minded.

mangoo
02-10-2004, 03:21 PM
Why don't you all thank sandy for making this program? Looks great from the screenshot! Complaining that her program MIGHT be a virus won't encourage her to make any other programs for the community.

sandy
02-10-2004, 04:52 PM
are you serious ? you really look at all the source files of all programs before to run them ? lol
and anyway, i think malicious people would be malicious enough to give cleaned source files and infected binaries ...
I think you should just use antivirus softwares like everyone =)

and yes i released this looteditor to help worldbuilders and i need help
I put the source files to download if you want, don't laugh at me, i just learnt visual c++ =)

Monrezz
02-10-2004, 07:49 PM
Thank you for making it - not saying there was no point. Looks like a great program to me, very useful!

But not many people are going to download it unless you release the source so they can verify it's not a trojan/worm/virus.

The reason people want to check is you are quite new here, and so people won't trust a program built by someone who just joined when the proggie tries to connect to the web. If someone, say Trumpcard, released a proggie there would be no hesitation to download it. But people get a little anxious with new people and new programs.

Release the source, make it avaliable for download and I'm sure your program will help a lot of people. Thanks for putting the time and effort in to help to community already :)

Monrezz

Muuss
02-10-2004, 08:27 PM
Close source softwares are a trouble that i know well, everything i wrote for eqemu is closed, mainly because the mysql component i use isn't free and even the way it's used must be closed (developped at work, and is part of a bigger project). Anyway, i think the more boring thing isnt the fact that sources are closed, its the lack of feedback you get for your work. You know that people are downloading it because of the stats of your website, but you never know if they use it, don't use it, and even more why. Hard to keep your motivation.
Unless you're a 3rd party tool god (that i won't name since everybody recognized him yet) and release high quality stuff, it is, at least for me, hard to launch my RAD and start working on eqemu stuff :?
Of course, this is totally OOC, and i wish the best to Sandy. Btw, i tested your software, under w2000, it worked perfectly. thankees

Trumpcard
02-10-2004, 11:44 PM
LIke Monrezz and Muss mentioned , its just a matter of not knowing the person releaseing the program. I see your joined date is Oct. 2002, so Im not too concerned, but for all we know you could be a disgruntled eqemu'r that thought it would be funny to release a trojan horse program to format someones hard drive. Its one thing to write a program, have forums, support, etc, dedicated to a program as opposed to just posting a link on a website saying 'download this, it'll do wonderful things'. I have years and years of very important data stored on my machines, yes I could recover them, but that doesnt mean i want to find out...

Its nothing personal against you, but if I dont know someone, or I dont see something estabilished as a credible project, i wouldnt install it unless i knew it was what it was advertised to be. There are alot of malicious people out there, so you have to be careful sometimes (and I think it is a shame that we do have to be)

Complaining that her program MIGHT be a virus won't encourage her

I don't think anyone complained that it might be a virus, I think everyone just commented on the fact that it is considered risky to download exectables from someone you dont know.

i think malicious people would be malicious enough to give cleaned source files and infected binaries

If you release the source code, most of us would compile it ourselves, so there would be less concern.

I definitely agree, thank you for the contribution. 3rd party programs are always greatly appreciated.[/quote]

Monrezz
02-10-2004, 11:45 PM
Looks as if you've released the source but can't have a look at school. I'll have a look at it later tonight. Might be able to see why it doesn't work on WInXP either. It could just be my database...

Anyway great program very useful! Keep them coming!

Monrezz

smogo
02-11-2004, 03:00 AM
Gave it a try, and got the same behaviour as moonrezz :

. it connects to the db, and retrieves the zone names. This fills up the drop down box on top. ok.

. when selecting a zone, it makes a second query. If the zone is empty (i.e. no spawn2 entry), just fine, doesnt have anythnig to show, so nothing happens.

. when selecting a populated zone, it make a second and a third query. On third query, it breaks and grindoze shows up a app killed message.

sandy
02-11-2004, 02:11 PM
oki
i'm stupid =)
the queries you are talking about are those who display the npcs by their race
you don't have the race table because it's not in eqemu =)
download it and try again with it plz ^^

thanks for your help

Monrezz
02-12-2004, 10:59 AM
Sourced it in, works like a charm!

very, very nice program. I know this will certainly help a lot of people, wouldn't be surprised if it was added to the release (like the item editor). Certainly makes it easier.

Don't suppose you could add s few new features, such as an export loottable perhaps - that will export all the data for a certain mob, spawn, type etc into an sql that can be sourced into another database? Also, perhaps make it so you can choose how the mobs are sorted. I see you have them sorted by race at the moment, perhaps make it so you can sort by name, level etc.

Great work,

Monrezz

sovietax
02-12-2004, 11:34 AM
very nice prog. !'ve used it for alot of Mob's already and i love it. thanx for the Prog its very nice

sandy
02-12-2004, 12:00 PM
it's cool then =)
thx monrezz nice ideas I will certainly add them ^^

Monrezz
02-12-2004, 12:05 PM
Excellent! It's very nice to see people contributing programs to the community, especially when they take the feedback of others and use it to improve what they already have.

Do you have any plans to make other useful programs? :P

Monrezz

Scorpious2k
02-12-2004, 12:48 PM
I have to say it: This program is awesome!!

Its fast, smooth and intuitive. I am passing it on to Myra right after I finsh posting this.

Great job Sandy!!!!!!

wize_one
02-12-2004, 01:34 PM
one more add on?..a way to add coin to them as well.

Monrezz
02-12-2004, 02:00 PM
I would recommend:

Different options for sorting mobs in zone (race, level, class etc),

Able to filter the list of mobs by race, level, class etc,

Able to set money dropped,

Able to copy loot tables across from one mob to another (drag and drop?),

Able to export loot tables by mob or zone,

Able to run your own SQL Query from within the program using listboxes and fields to set default loot for all mobs. (eg Give all goblins between level 10-20 MiscItems loot set and 20pp). Lets you select all avaliable races, or lets you do it for all mobs in a certain zone etc. This might be a little too much work for too little return, though.

Just a few suggestions, keep up the good work :)

smogo
02-12-2004, 02:18 PM
Wow, looks like you're on for busy holidays :lol:

Yes, the program work great, and on linux-wine too.

Happy penguins unite !!! Sry that was off topic.

jimmy6154
02-12-2004, 06:32 PM
hey great program but let me throw a wish list out there of something that would be cool in the next version.

With boss mob loot table being not that acurate it would be great to be able to make new loot tables on the fly. Then be able to drag and drop stuff from the old loot table to the new one. That might be really tough or impossable but I was just brain storming one what would be even cooler.

jimmy6154
02-13-2004, 06:19 AM
I hav been playing around with this a bit and noticed a few issues/bugs

I was updating plane of innovation. I updated the metal dragon loot table from nothing to what it is supposed to be. I then noticed that it updated the boheamoth and the tin solders with out me doing anything.

lol Now we can't have that happening. Am I doing somethiing wrong? Or is there something I can do to change that.

Thanks

Monrezz
02-13-2004, 09:06 AM
Oh, and perhaps add a small load bar (or text) so you know if the mob has loot. Atm mobs with a few loot tables take a while to get loaded in, but the screen stays as if it is a mob with no loot (while it loads). Makes it easy to skip over a mob...a simple little text bar that lets you know it's loading something, other then just sitting there doing nothing, would help.

Vaelene
02-14-2004, 02:08 PM
Fantastic editor. Wish there were more editor types out there as easy to use as this one.
One problem i have noticed is if you add a new set to a mob it updates all the mobs of that type with that set even in other zones.
I created a new set for Gnasher Furgott in qeynos hills giving him the head and note to drop for the quest in surefall glade and it also added the same set to the elite and commander gnolls and all splitpaw gnolls in Blackburrow. When i tried to remove the set from the blackburrow gnolls it also removed the set from Gnasher in Qeynos hills. Other than this minor problem it is a great editor. Hope to see more like it in the future.

sandy
02-14-2004, 05:24 PM
If you have problems like those of vaelene or jimmy, I think it's because 2 or more npc_type share the same loottable_id
Each npc_type must have a distinct loottable_id else when you update the loottable of one monster, the others that share the same loottable_id are updated too =(

So I recommend you this :
1) delete all the loottables of the npcs that are affected by this bug by removing all sets
2) and just recreate them by adding the good sets, I think it will work because the editor will recreate a new loottable for the npc if he haven't any set already

sandy
02-14-2004, 05:40 PM
monrezz
you should not have any loading time because it's only sql queries it's really quick
how many sets and items does the npcs you are speaking about have ? i'm curious =)

Monrezz
02-15-2004, 01:15 AM
The ones that took a while to load had between 30-40 items total, spread across 3 loottables.

I'm running a 2.2Ghz 512RAM, and LootEditor was the only thing open. So the queries do take a while when sorting through that much data :)

It would be nice if a small bar at the bottom showed when it was performing a query, or how long the query took once completed.

Monrezz

sandy
02-15-2004, 06:12 AM
sorry it's almost instant for me for 50 items and 10 loot tables =)

MacLeod
02-15-2004, 04:08 PM
I added some items to Lady Vox, they show up fine in MYSQL-Front and EqEmu admin and they seem to be in the Loot Editor but then when I go in the game and do a #npcstats on her she doesn't have any items. I tried killing her and sure enough, no items. Other mobs that already had loot work fine.

Lady_Vox: [chance: 100, multiplier: 5]
Tobrin's Mystical Eyepatch [chance: 100]
Runed Bolster Belt [chance: 100]
etc.
etc.

Monrezz
02-16-2004, 01:08 AM
Try changing the multiplier and setting the chance to 50%, just fiddle with the values.

jimmy6154
02-16-2004, 06:22 AM
hiyas, Just wanted to shoot back at yeah that I tried to create a totally new loot table for the boss mobs in poinnovation..( the metal dragon and bohemoth) via the loot editor. I got the same result in that all boos mobs got the same loot even the tin solders.

Not sure whats going on I'll check into their loot table from eqadmin to see whats up and repost here if I find out.

Vaelene
02-16-2004, 07:32 AM
Sandy you are correct about the mobs sharing the same lootable_id number. However if you just remove all the loot sets from all the mobs having this proble and then add back loot sets it does not solve the problem. I removed all loot sets from all the gnoll mobs in blackburrow and qeynos hills including all the coin drops using the lastest version of loot editor and then added the gnasher head to Furgott Gnasher in qeynos hill and gnoll fangs to the gnoll watchers in qeynos hills and when i then looked at the gnolls in blackburrow many of them had gnoll fangs to be droppped and a few had Gnasher's head to drop so just deleating all the sets does not remove the lootable_id number from the database. If you manually remove the lootable_id number from the database using EQadmin 5.1 and then try to use Loot Editor you will find that Loot Editor crashes when you select the zone the mobs were in that you removed the lootable_id number from. What number does the lootable_id need to be set to so Loot Editor will see it as having no loot and be able to set it to a unique number?

After playing with EQadmin and lootable_id field a bit i found that if you set it to 0 then use Loot Editor to add loot sets Loot Editor will then create a unique lootable_id by incrementing the highest number in the lottable_id field and using it. This may be a bit of a problem with some databases as i was using MW 053_alpha3 and the lootable_id field was allready up to 122366. Many numbers were skipped. Long term this may create numbers larger than the field is setup to use. It would be better to look for numbers not used 1st and use 1 of them if available and only add to the end if all other numbers are used. Just an idea. Also could you set Loot Editor to set the lottable_id to 0 when all loot sets are removed?

sandy
02-16-2004, 02:03 PM
with the last version
you have to delete all sets and to set the monster to not drop any coins to make the looteditor delete completly the loottable
and then if you add a set or make him to drop coins the looteditor will create a new loottable with a new loottable_id
when it deletes completly a loottable it already changes the loottable_id of the npc to 0
if it doesn't work there is then really a bug =) can you give sql examples of when it appears ?

if you want to delete manually a loottable, don't forget to:
- set the loottable_id in npc_types table to 0
- delete the entry in loottable with the id equal to loottable_id in npc_types
- delete all entries in loottable_entries with the loottable_id

some database have loottable ids equal to npc ids
others have no id rules

the goal of this looteditor is really to make the sql loottable structures abstract for the user, so I won't implement any id management for now

but maybe if eqemu would decide to make some id rules to be standard it would be easier for us and I'll implement it in this looteditor =)

for drag and drop idea to make loottables on the fly and then to assign loottables on monsters already filled with items, I already thought about that, but i decided to make it this way so everything is centered on a little window
maybe if it was on a greater project like for example a complete editor where you have a 3D view of the zone, where you can put NPCs by the 3DView, it would be then better that you would be able to create the loottable before to assign it to the monsters, but for just a looteditor I think it's enough =)

Vaelene
02-16-2004, 03:19 PM
Thank you for responding so quickly Sandy. You are correct about Loot Editor setting the loottable_id to 0 when you remove all loot sets and coin drops. Since i am using an existing database with multiple mobs sharing the same loottable_id number i ran into a unique visual problem. i would remove all the loot sets from 1 mob and all the loot sets from other mobs sharing that loottable_id would have all their loot sets removed making it appear as if they had no loot sets but they would still have the origonal loottable_id. So when i started to add loot back they were not being given a unique loottable_id making it appear as if Loot Editor was not working correctly. I was able to tell which mobs share a loottable_id by trying to add coin drops. When i try to add coin drops to the mobs that share a lottable_id Loot Editor will not alow coin drops to be added. I kinda like that feature as it alowes easy identification of which mobs share a loottable_id. I did have Loot Editor crash a few times when trying to add coins drops to mobs that shared a loottable_id with the error invalid page fault in module libmysql.dll. I have nad no other problems with Loot Editor so i believe that once the database is straightened out and all mobs have a unique loottable_id this crash will not happen again but i did want to let you know about it anyway. I am running on windows 98 2nd edition if that helps. Thanks again for the fast response. I can now start fixing all the loot drops.

Vaelene
02-16-2004, 04:05 PM
After using Loot Editor to fix all the mobs in Blackburrow and give them all a unique loottable_id. I would like to recommend 2 minor changes to Loot Editor.

1st Adding a button on the main screen to remove all loot sets and coin drops from the selected mob and set the loottable_id to 0. As the only way to do it now if there are no loot sets on the mob with Loot Editor is to add a loot set and then remove it and remove the coin drops. This is a bit of a lengthy process when trying to fix every mob in a zone.

2nd Add a question box when you try to delete a set from the screen where you create and select sets asking if you are sure you want to delete the set. I deleted a couple of sets by accident and had to re-create them while i was fixing Blackburrow.

Other than those 2 minor points i love this editor and can see no other improvements needed.

sandy
02-16-2004, 08:34 PM
ok bug fixed I hope =) Thx

jimmy6154
02-17-2004, 12:56 PM
wow seems to work awesome now... great work and thanks

Squiffy
02-17-2004, 02:02 PM
Great work. Noobish question, though.

I'm confused as to how Chance and Multiplier work.

Ex:

LootTable (chance: 100, multiplier: 1)
item1 (chance: 50)
item2 (chance: 50)

Will this loot table drop one of the two items only? By the same token, if I bump the multiplier to 2, will it drop two items from the loot table, or what?

I'm trying to make some custom loot tables where a mob will drop 3 items from table X, 2 items from table Y, and 1 from table Z. Does the multiplier facilitate this? Please explain :)

Thanks in advance.

MacLeod
02-17-2004, 06:11 PM
As far as I understand it, the loottable chance is the chance of anything dropping. The multiplier is how many things can drop max if the chance is 100%.

The item chance is the chance of that specific item dropping compared to the other items.

Timothius
02-18-2004, 03:21 AM
In response to the question about Vox's loot table, or any other loot table for that matter, where you have items that should drop all the time (IE 100%). Using our good friend Lady Vox as an example, her default loot table (from Myra's DB) looks something like this:

DragonVox (Chance: 100% Multiplier: 4)
Item 1 (Chance:30%)
Item 2 (Chance: 40%)
Item 3 (Chance:100%)
etc etc.

What would happen (at least on my server) was the 100% item would only drop almost all the time. Even if I changed the multiplier, only the 100% item would drop. Now, let me say that my loot table contained several 100% items, as Vox always drops certain items every time. And I had my Multiplier set to 6, but I would only get 1 item, the first 100% item. Not sure if thats a bug with the EMU or not, but anyway, my point is this. I was able to fix this pretty easily, I created several other loot tables DragonVoxScale, DragonVoxTome, ect.. Set them to (Chance 100% Multiplier: 1) and put one of the single drop items in each table. Then in the main table, I deleted the 100% drop items, and adjusted the % chance rate on the items to give an even disribution of the remaining items. I then repoped Lady Vox, and bam, loot that mirrored EQ Live.

Daeath
02-19-2004, 01:21 PM
Sandy, first off - WOW! :shock: Your editor has saved me a good amount of time updating the PoNightmare loottables. Using MW's db, I had to change all the loottable_id's in mysql, but that wasn't too difficult. So, thank you.

However, I noticed that there are several named mobs in the db that didn't show in your editor when I loaded the PoN zone - specifically the queen 'B' herself, Terris Thule, and Vakshiz. Now I understand that my problem could be my lack of knowledge about the db, and/or your editor. How could I change TT's and V's loot using your editor if they no show?

Also, with MW's db and going thru the PoN I gave each mob group (ie 'a_wraith%') a unique loottable_id = to the mob00's lowest npc_type id. Then I added a loot set named after the mob group and added appropiate loot. However, after going into the client and killing everything in zone no mobs dropped any loot... Suggestions anyone? I did notice that the 'Loot Table' field under NPC in EQAdmin is blank - whereas before it said like 'ultra high loot' or something like that.

'Things that make you go - hmmm...'

greenguy14
02-22-2004, 02:22 PM
Edit for above post..
did you restart your comp i know u have to do it for item editor and some other 3rd party tools try restarting your entire comp.

i am a real noob in here i got my server and stuff so that works and have mangoos item editor.

but im kinda clueless what i have to do with the files i downloaded them all but what do i do with them. do i have to build anything or sumthing. and what files do i have to replace and/or does it have to be extraced to a certain place?

Monrezz
02-23-2004, 03:15 AM
You dont need to download the source. Just download LootEditor1.1.zip or similar, not the Src one. Then copy everything into your EQEmu directory and double click LootEditor.exe

greenguy14
02-23-2004, 04:40 AM
nevermind i got it working had in wrong directory hehe but do i need the races.txt?

p.s. what do i do with the races.txt?

greenguy14
02-23-2004, 04:45 AM
bah i get the fatal error want to send.dont send error when ever i load a zone

Monrezz
02-23-2004, 05:02 AM
You need to source races.txt into your database.

greenguy14
02-23-2004, 05:05 AM
ok im having probloms sourcing again have not done in awhile
it inly has to be in mysql\bin folder right then its

use eq
mysql -u root mysql
Source races.txt

right but im gettin error 2 can not find file so i think im doing it wrong

Monrezz
02-23-2004, 05:18 AM
source races.txt;

Make sure it's in your mysql\bin directory.

greenguy14
02-23-2004, 05:26 AM
im getting same error

Mysql>use eq
database changed
mysql>Source races.txt;
Failed to open file 'races.txt', error: 2
Mysql>

Monrezz
02-23-2004, 05:44 AM
Copy races.txt into the same directory as mysql.exe (Should be "C:\mysql\bin").

greenguy14
02-23-2004, 05:48 AM
it is next to my mysql.exe in the bin folder
i dont know whats wrong

Monrezz
02-23-2004, 06:00 AM
Are you sure it's not races.sql?

Go into Mysql Front and right click on eq. Choose Import --> sql and then open up your races.txt file. That will source it.

greenguy14
02-23-2004, 06:35 AM
is mysql front the
street light thing running or sumthing else?

cause theres no right click options other then hide me and winnt->shutdownthistool,stopthisservice

Monrezz
02-23-2004, 10:51 AM
No that's winmysqladmin. You need to download MysqFront from www.mysqlfront.de I believe.

MacLeod
02-23-2004, 01:58 PM
Make sure you start mysql from the mysql/bin directory. You can start it from any directory since it is probably in your path, but it won't be able to find the races.txt unless you start mysql from mysql/bin.

greenguy14
02-23-2004, 03:49 PM
Woot it woked yea mysql worked perfectly im gonna use that to source the all my stuff now thanks man

p.s. sandy awsome loot editor works awsomely thanks

samandhi
02-23-2004, 03:52 PM
Yes, I just made a .bat file since when I open cmd up it opens in documents and settings/<myname>...... something like this:
cls
cd c:\mysql\bin
mysql -u root mysql

Just type that into notepad, save-as <easy name to type>.bat
EG... sql.bat
Then when you run the bat it will get mysql up and running for you....and in the correct directory, with minimal typing.

greenguy14
02-24-2004, 04:24 AM
is there a reason i cant do potimea or potimeb zone. maybe not have races or sumthing but i cant load it i get the fatal error?

sandy
02-24-2004, 07:07 AM
I really don't know, maybe it's a pb of races, try to redownload the loot editor, i added the latest races.sql in it

sandy
03-01-2004, 01:51 AM
links restored =)

blinkish
03-21-2004, 12:58 PM
Whenever i try to start it up , it never starts up, nothing happens :(

sandy
03-22-2004, 06:33 AM
you have to check if you have correctly sourced the races.sql file into your database and if you have correctly filled the db.ini file with your database info

Jezebell
03-26-2004, 11:19 AM
Hey Sandy :)

I am getting an error when I try to go to Plane of Time, closes the program. Any idea why?

I do have latest races.sql in db, I checked.

KhaN
04-02-2004, 09:12 PM
I would like info on the variables about drop system using your loot editor.
Exemple :Orc centurion: [Chance:15, Multiplier:35]
Cloth Cap [Chance:2]
Cloth Veil [Chance:2]
... TOTAL 35 DROP ...

What's the effect of variables in Bold, with this config, my orc cent will always drop like 4/7 items.
[Chance:2] : Droprate of the item
Chance:15 : !?
Multiplier:35 : !?

Merci d'avance et beau travail :D

sandy
04-03-2004, 06:33 PM
there is 3 things :
loot table
loot drop
items

each npc have 1 loot table
a loot table have one or several loot drops
a loot table have also platinums and other coins
each loot drop can have one or several items in it
loot drops can be shared between npcs but not loot tables whom are unique to each npc

loot drops are what i called "sets" in looteditor

sets have 2 attributes :
- chance :
it's the chance that something drops from this set
- multiplier :
it's the maximum number of items that the set can drop

example : 100% chance, 2 multiplier
the set have 100 % chance to drop 2 items from the set
which items depends of the chance associated with each item

example 2 : 50% chance, 3 multiplier
the set have 50% chance to drop 3 items from the set
it means it can drop 0, 1, 2, or 3 items, but the most often you will have 1 or 2 items

items have 1 attribute :
- chance :
it's the chance that this specific item drops compared to other items of the same set
total cumulated chance of all the items of a set must be equal to 100% else some items won't never drop

example :
here is a set where there are 3 items :
bone chips 30%
cloth veil 50%
blade of carnage 20%
total 100 %
cloth veil will drop the most often
bone chips in second
and blade of carnage will be rarer

example 2 :
here is a set with 2 items :
bone chips 100%
cloth veil 50%
total 150%
here's bone chips will always drop because they are the 1rst in the list and have 100% chance to drop
cloth veil won't never drop

so you should always do the total
if the total is >100% something won't never drop =)
if it is <100% it might works but the result is uncertain

so if you are in the case you want that your npc drops always 2 bone chips, sometimes he drops a cloth veil and always a blade of carnage or a fine steel long sword, blade of carnage rare drop, but you want that it's possible that the npcs drops 2 bone chips the cloth veil and the blade of carnage at the same time :
you should make 3 sets :
one for the bone chips :
bone chips set : chance 100% multiplier 2
1 item :
bone chips : chance 100

one for the cloth veil :
cloth veil set : chance 30% mutliplier 1
1 item :
cloth veil : chance 100

1 for the blade of carnage and fine steel long sword :
weapons set : chance 100% multiplier 1
2 items :
blade of carnage : 20%
fine steel long sword : 80%

well =) you see it's easy =)
good luck =)

KhaN
04-03-2004, 08:58 PM
wow thanks, now its VERY clear :)

xtestx
04-03-2004, 09:32 PM
Would it be possible to have more than 1 item have a 100% chance at dropping?

like:

Glyphed Rune Word 100%
Timeless Breastplate Mold 100%
Fiery Staff of Zha 20%
Cap of Flowing Time 40%

Instead of having it all equal up to 100%

like:

Glyphed Rune Word 50%
Timeless Breastplate Mold 25%
Fiery Staff of Zha 10%
Cap of Flowing Time 15%

Yes/No/Mehbe so?

sandy
04-04-2004, 04:51 AM
I answered already =)
if you put an item at 100% chance all items below it will never drop =)
and in general if the cumulated chance of items reach 100% all items below the one that make it reach 100% will never drop if there is some
because it's the chance compared to other items, it's not the chance compared to the set
if you want that 2 items always drop you have to create 2 sets 100% chance and put each item at 100% chance in each one

Jezebell
04-04-2004, 05:57 AM
Sandy, have you figured out why it crashes when you go to PoTime?

sandy
04-04-2004, 12:51 PM
no sorry =)
not worked on a new version yet =(

ruwatchinme
06-19-2004, 06:49 PM
can anyone help me here? i am trying to get a new server up and running and having compications with some of the commands in mysql.exe (sp) I try putting in this command,

grant all privileges on *.* to username@localhost identified by 'password' with grant option;

I get some error about it being an incorrect command. I used this post to walk me through it, and i am getting no where. http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13403 Please can someone give me a hand