PDA

View Full Version : Something strange

jimmy6154
02-10-2004, 07:22 AM
In my quest to get boss mobs loots corrects. I noticed that using EqeMu admin that most boss mobs have a loot table established. Some correct and some not.

The issue as to why they do not drop loot more randomly is this I think.

Most loot tables for mobs consist of at least 1 item that is set to drop 100% of the time. When a boss mobs only has 1 loot table I think this item being set to 100% does not give any other item in the table at a lesser % a chance to drop.

Example: On Terris thule, she drops about 10 differant things I think. Some are gems. These gems were set to drop 100% of the time and the item loot was set to 20%. When Terris thule was killed the gem was the only thing that dropped becasue it was set to drop 100% of the time.

In testing I adjusted the table so that everything had a 50% chance of droping. I then reset the my server and killed Terris thule. Now this time she dropped like 4 gems and 3 items.

This still isn't right and needs to be tweaked a bit I think so that she isn't dropping 7 things at once, but at least she is now dropping loot.

I tested this on innoruk with basicly the same end results.

Let me know what you guys think.

Monrezz
02-10-2004, 07:31 AM
Try it with soemthing like 99% and see what happens, it could be that if you set it to 100% it was designed to drop _every_ time. If there is only going to be one drop, and there is a 100% chance item - it is always going to be that.

if you set it to 99% and start seeing the same results (only that one item) I think you may have found a bug.

Monrezz

jimmy6154
02-10-2004, 08:52 AM
ok set up a test on Inny I set him to respawn every 4 min

In his loot table I set 1 item to 99% and the rest to 80%

I killed him 20 times. Each time I got 1 loot that was differant each time until I ran through his loot table then I got the first item from the first kill... and so forth

So the results are that all the boss mobs in the db that I have checked have some item set to 100%. This item needs to be change to a lesser % so that the other items in that mobs loot table have a chance to drop.

It also does not seems random in that I went through the mobs loot table fully until I reach the end and then started over again.

thoughts?

Monrezz
02-10-2004, 09:05 AM
Let's have a look at how many loot items are set to drop 100% of the time:

SELECT count(*) FROM lootdrop_entries WHERE chance=100;
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
| 12228 |
+----------+

If the 99% chance loot drop fixes this issue, then change all occurences (sp?) of chance=100 to chance=99:

UPDATE lootdrop_entries SET chance=99 WHERE chance=100;

Try adding this, and testing a few random boss mobs.

Monrezz

jimmy6154
02-10-2004, 10:05 AM
lol seems I'm an idiot and I can't get that to work...

But I'm trying give me a few I'll figure it out. hehe

Monrezz
02-10-2004, 11:19 AM
Start --> Run --> cmd
cd C:\mysql\bin
mysql -u root eq
UPDATE lootdrop_entries SET chance=99 WHERE chance=100;

Exact sequence you need to go through, this should work.

The SELECT count(*) query was just to see how many loot drops had their chance set to 100. Didn't change anything, just told me how many there were (12228).

Monrezz

jimmy6154
02-10-2004, 01:39 PM
ok got that updated and ran my tests. here is what I did.

In the arena I set up a spawn of lady vox
Here is how her loot table looks like

Torb Eyepatch 30%
RBB 30%
White dragon scale 99%
Scimitar of the mist 30%
White dragon tooth 99%
DBB 30%
McV horn 30%
SFB 30%
Crystal spear 30%
Warhammer of DG 30%
Ice comet spell 60%
Mystic pouch 30%
Torm frost coverd book 99%

Now so far I have killer her 10 times. All times I killed her she only dropped 1 item.
This is how it looked.

Kill 1 Torn book
Kill 2 Torn book
Kill 3 Tooth
Kill 4 RBB
Kill 5 Tooth
Kill 6 RBB
Kill 7 Tooth
Kill 8 Torn book
Kill 9 Tooth
Kill 10 Torn book

So I the break down

2 time I got the RBB
4 times I got the book
4 times I got the tooth

So I think its still an issue. Though other stuff is droping the ratio is trerrable. Aswell no multi loots are droping.

So I ran another test I set the drops that were set to 99% own to 30% with the others.

Kill 1 Horn
Kill 2 Tooth
Kill 3 DBB
Kill 4 RBB
Kill 5 Scimitar
Kill 6 Spear
Kill 7 DBB
Kill 8 DBB
Kill 9 Spear
Kill 10 Eyepatch

So that gave me alot better loot that time but I still don't have multi drops coming down. I'm going to try to up the % on them all and see if that does anything. I'll post here my findings.

Let me know what you all think.

jimmy6154
02-10-2004, 02:17 PM
Ok now I got it working great.

This is what I did.

I set the multiplier of Vox to 4 so that everytime she is killed she will drop 4 items.

I then dropped the % down to 30% on all items.

Now I get a good ratio of dropped items while always getting multable drops.

Now how would you go about setting this up for all mobs. Well I'm not sure. They are all differant on live I think.

Any ideas?

Lurker_005
02-10-2004, 07:20 PM
A little bit about the loot tables

You can have more than 1 lootdrops per NPC.

So loottable 1
-> loottable_entries 1 (2x 80%)
-> lootdrop 1
-> lootdrop_entry 1 = rbb 30%
-> lootdrop_entry 2 = White dragon scale 50%
-> lootdrop_entry 3 = Torm frost coverd book 30%
-> lootdrop_entry 4 = Ice comet spell 40%

-> loottable_entries 2 (1x 100%)
-> lootdrop 2
-> lootdrop_entry 5 = White dragon tooth 100%

That should drop 2 out of the first 4 items 80% of the time, and the dragon tooth 100%

jimmy6154
02-11-2004, 04:32 AM
So should you use the mulltiplier?

Also to note that most of the boss mobs loot tables only had one loot table in them. Example is vox above.

What would be the easiest way to change this in the DB with out having to pick each mob. change there entry yada yada yada?

Lurker_005
02-11-2004, 02:16 PM
There is no easy way to deal with this. Bottom line is you have to hand make every different loot table you want to use. This can include several "generic" tables that you make use of for boss mobs though. Make a few generic gem loot tables that drop different gems, then add those to any mobs you want to drop gems. Make generic loot tables for Giants, for skeletons, low level mobs.... Doing things like that can help to get basic loot for a lot of mobs. But you can't make generic tables for boss mobs because they all have different loot that they drop.

I remember Drwade's DB (for eqemu 4.1 or 4.4) had some pretty good examples in it. Take a look at those if your not sure of what I mean, or want to see better examples.

sandy
02-12-2004, 11:31 AM
for example if you take the bastion of thunder zone

there is Agnaar the storm lord, he's the boss of the zone, you have to do 3 ring events to kill him

to reach the agnaar area, you need a key, you can make this key with 5 items, 4 gems(called spheres) and one ring where to put the gems and combine em

their is 4 towers in the upper area of bastion of thunder
each mob in each tower can drop a gem but each tower represents an element, lightning water wind and sand, so mobs in the lightning tower drops the lightning sphere etc ...
the ring recipient is dropped by a tower boss, each tower have a boss

the lower level has 4 wing areas, each wing corresponds to an element, each wing have a mini boss, each mini poss always drop a ring to do the key, with this key you will be able to enter the towers
each wing mobs can drop a gem, you need each gem of each wing plus the ring recipient to do the key
it's the same process than the key for agnarr's area

everywhere each mob named kriger is a placeholder for named mobs, each named mob have like 5 items to drop but drops 1 or 0 each time

each wing boss drops always the ring recipient for the tower key plus an item from 5 ones

each tower boss drops always the ring recipient for the agnaar key plus an item from 5 ones too ( uber items )

agnaar drops from 7 or 8 items

in bastion of thunder, it's particular because their is ornate molds or patterns that drops from named or from any boss
robe tunics or breastplate patterns drops from each tower boss
leggings drops from each wing boss
and the other parts drops from each named

and it's not finished
their is ethereal, spectral parchments and rune words that drop too in the zone, ethereal are used to get lvl 61 62 spells, spectral for lvl 63,64 spells, runes for lvl 65 spells

only any wing boss, any boss tower and agnaar have a chance to drop a rune word
any named and boss have a chance to drop a spectral parchment
only lvl 60+ mob have a chance to drop an ethereal parchment

any wing boss tends to drop :
- ring recipient
- ring recipient + an item
- ring recipient + an item + a parchment
- ring recipient + rune word

any tower boss tends to drop :
- ring recipient + 2 items ( can be the same ) + ( 0 to 3 ) parchment + ( 0 to 1 ) rune word

the purpose of all that is to show you that you can't reproduce those loot mechanics with only 1 loot table

for the tower boss for example :
- you need one loot table with 100% probability 1 multiplier for the ring recipient with 100 % chance to drop, you can share between all tower boss =)
- you need one loot table with 100% probability 2 multiplier for the items but each tower boss will have a different one, each item will have 15% chance and ornate 20% for example
but important when you add the percent of each item, it must be less than 100% or the last items won't have any chance to drop
- you need one loot table with for example 75% probability with 3 multiplier for the parchments that you can share with all tower boss
- and you need one loot table with 75% probability with 1 multiplier for the rune word, you can share it too

if it does'nt work like this, maybe it's because i have understood nothing =) i'm not 100% sure of that it's true )

sovietax
02-12-2004, 11:40 AM
I dont know if I am alowed to do this but if you look in 3rd party tools there is a port about item loot editor. it might help you out. i know it helped my out ALOT.

Squiffy
02-13-2004, 04:34 PM
You need to have multiple loot tables for the single mob.

A perfect example is the Thought Horror Overfiend.

I don't recall any exact loot, so these are arbitrary numbers.

He always drops 2 weapons and 2 pieces of armour, as well as 3 spells.

Now, a "weapon" can be a physical sword or hammer or whatever, but also, the wizard spell EER can replace a weapon, since it for some reason counts as a weapon. I killed THO a buncha times with my old guild and can verify that.

Again, arbitrary numbers, but it seems that the mobs has 6-7 loot table entries, some of them duplicates...

loottable_THO_weapons = weapon1, weapon2, weapon3, EER
loottable_THO_armour = armour1, armour2, armour3, armour4
loottable_luclin_boss_spells = whatever the 55-60 luclin spells are that drop off the bosses.

I've not looked in-depth at loot table implementation, but I imagine that's pretty much how it'd look. Link twice to weapons, twice to armour and 3x for spells, and you get the right number of drops maybe? Or is there a way to force 2 items from a single table to drop every time?