PDA

View Full Version : EQAdmin 5.1 question

tofuwarrior
02-15-2004, 12:58 PM
I was trying to add a character into the DB and got it all constructed and committed... when I try and log into 0.5.3 DR3 it gets deleted because the profile is the wrong size.

Did I set up something wrong or is 5.1 not compatible with that release?

Pardon my newbness... just started playing around with EQEmu a few days ago and still coming up to speed.

Monrezz
02-15-2004, 01:52 PM
EQAdmin has a few issue with certain tables in the database.

I would try using mySQL Front and adding one that way...

tofuwarrior
02-15-2004, 11:35 PM
Ok... would I then have to make a manually-sized blob and follow the struct from the source to make a proper profile-- converting all to hex? Or, is there an easier way that I'm missing?

Windcatcher
02-16-2004, 09:43 AM
You could fix playerprofile.txt so the admin tool uses the correct blob size...

WC

tofuwarrior
02-16-2004, 12:23 PM
Thanks.. will try that.

I apologize if it's a newb question... I'm a newb with this =p.

tofuwarrior
02-16-2004, 12:23 PM
Whoops.. double post.

tofuwarrior
02-16-2004, 01:03 PM
Didn't know there was a playerprofile.txt.

I updated it with the playerprofile_struc in 0.5.3 DR3 which seems to be 4920 bytes.

I get an Access Violation when I go to character page so something isn't quite right.

There are a few new/differently named fields... not sure what your parser would do. There are a few new unknowns or same unknowns with different sizes.

Checksum went to uint32 from int8 [4]

ability_up is new

gender, level, race, and class are all uint32s. Offsets didnt change, don't know if type difference matters.

4 more ability_X are new.

Any ideas?

Windcatcher
02-16-2004, 03:15 PM
You have to keep the original field names that are in the text file, since the admin tool looks for them by name. The tool won't see any of the new fields, but if you at least make sure the existing fields are at the right offsets and the structure is the correct size then you should at least be able to edit the profile with the tool.

WC

tofuwarrior
02-17-2004, 12:33 PM
Ok.. some of the items are at different offsets but I'll try that out too.

Thanks.