PDA

View Full Version : Complete Spawn database

eqwarrior1188
02-17-2004, 06:12 AM
I've been noticing in the db im using that there arent many high level spawns...spawned :shock: Can anyone post a link of a DB with spawns in the planes and other high level zones?

tcsmyworld
02-17-2004, 07:54 AM
There is no such critter yet.

eqwarrior1188
02-17-2004, 07:58 AM
Yea, I thought so, sux doesnt it lol

tcsmyworld
02-17-2004, 08:01 AM
Thats the way it goes when everyone "wants", but doesn't want to contribute.
My team and I are working as fast as we can to get a playable, complete DB out for everyone to use, but feedback is almost non-existant.
Hard to fix everything when it's just a handful of people trying to find and fix everything.

wize_one
02-17-2004, 08:33 AM
hand full?..i count 3 working and 1 testing...4 is a hand full? /grin

samandhi
02-17-2004, 08:45 AM
Thats the way it goes when everyone "wants", but doesn't want to contribute. Sorry tcs, I dont have a live account or I would definately help out. Im trying to help in other ways, like keeping the questions (that I know how to answer) to a minimun so ya'll can focus on what you are trying to do...

wize_one
02-17-2004, 08:56 AM
samandhi, probably one of the best ways to help us out, log into the tcsmyworld_test server, run arround look for double spawns, spawns with wrong texture, empty merchants and any missing things that you know of. then post your findings on the projecteq.com website listing as much detail about what you find wrong as possible..something maybe like:

Zone: halas
general zone info:
door missing from bank (loc)
rogue trainers reporting as mage trainers(names and locs might help a little)
merchant cindy 123.24 465.34 3.75 selling windblade for free
banker bob has wrong texture (loc)

things like that would help us out alot..

would be up to tcs but might be able to get ya a little higher access so you could get npcid info.(that would help him finding the mob in the database.)

Chicomalo
02-17-2004, 09:48 AM
Tell me what DB to source, each of the files, I will work on them and look at them and report any info that is needed. I am here to try to make a DB as close as compete as it can be or playable enough. I am still trying to get a DB set nice for testing. I lost my main one that I had was getting there to give out info but thanks to PC Crash badly I can't recover the file and everything else so started back from scrach.

:wink:

eqwarrior1188
02-17-2004, 11:47 AM
I would help TCS but right now whenever i try to make a character the client crashes :cry:
O ya, i do have eqlive if you want me to ..use that program and gather stuff lol

Monrezz
02-17-2004, 12:03 PM
yes, packet collect everything you can :P

badk0re84
02-17-2004, 01:16 PM
If its any help I have a char thats flagged for Potime on live.... need something packet collected?

Monrezz
02-17-2004, 01:22 PM
See the packet collected forum for what needs colecting, I'm guessing we need zones / items / loot / mobs etc.

Get everything ^_^

eqwarrior1188
02-18-2004, 03:50 AM
I can start packet collecting right away, although im not flagged for any PoP zones so i dont know what help i can be :-/ I looked in the packet collecting forums but it didnt really say what we needed :?

Monrezz
02-18-2004, 03:58 AM
You could packet collect the new Berserker class...

Start PacketCollecter and then create new characters of all races/class combinations. This helps us get the starting items and spawn locations for newbies.

If you can, go into the Bazaar and get as many items as you can. I'm sure you'll find some items that we dont have.

You can also check Allakhazam's new items list on their main page, then go into EQ and ask someone to link you it. This gets you all the information for PC'er and you add the item to the DB.

tcsmyworld
02-18-2004, 10:17 AM
EQwarrior: Are you patched to Live??
I have people logging in and playing all the time without problems.
Our test server is still running 053DR3 code , still waiting for 055DR1 to become available to us so Live clients can connect.
So, if you patched after Feb. 10th you won't be able to get into our server until we get our hands on the 055DR1 code.

eqwarrior1188
02-18-2004, 02:22 PM
Packet collector AWAY! lol

themushygod
04-08-2004, 01:30 PM
id love to help ive got a 42 druid on live if you tell me what you need it to do and how im in

KhaN
04-09-2004, 12:41 AM
Wize_one
run arround look for double spawns, spawns with wrong texture, empty merchants and any missing things that you know of.
IMO the BIG problem of MW Server is the lack of #level command. 99% of people wont level from 1 to 20 to say you if aviaks spawns correctly in SK. Or you make a test server full commands enabled like shawn319 one, or you make a legit server, but please, dont whine at peoples not helping you.

Some peoples like me are willing to help, but your communication is, trust me, not the best. Enhance your website, feedback DB fix, news, in a few words "Involve players in your project".

This is not a flame, what you have done imo, is a HUGE work, just my 2cp ...

RexChaos
04-09-2004, 01:14 AM
I agree. The website could use some more news and updates. Possibly "mini-downloads" of certain tables that have been updated? Like merchant inventory (cough), starting_items, faction values, lootdrops, etc.

Just a suggestion. :)

themushygod
04-09-2004, 11:45 AM
ohhh i like the idea of mini updates

atlanta_203
04-13-2004, 10:59 AM
I have noticed when I was playing on salty boogers server that the server was populated pretty good. If youcould post the database you are using it would help out alot. I have been working on my database and have most zones populated but have trouble in the planes zones.