PDA

View Full Version : EQEmu Admin Tool 5.2 and OpenZone 3.5

Windcatcher
02-20-2004, 02:45 PM
First, let me get the little stuff out first...

OpenZone 3.5

Fixed a number of bugs that arose when dealing with grouped objects.

EQEmu Admin Tool 5.2

1. Switched to a newer version of the ZEOS database components, which will hopefully improve stability.

2. Added a memory caching mechanism throughout the program to improve speed when dealing with large databases. Memory use will be greater, but performance will be a *lot* faster.

3. Spawns tab: added a compass-like control that lets you set the heading for a spawn, door or object. Clicking on it will set the heading.

(you'll *love* this next one)

4. Spawns tab: if the Admin Tool can find the corresponding .S3D file for the selected zone, it will automatically load it (and the .WLD file inside) into memory (thanks to common code from OpenZone). When you move the mouse around the map, the tool will determine an accurate Z coordinate for placing mob spawns. If it can't find or load the .S3D file it will pop up a message notifying you about it. There is a new button on the spawns toolbar where you can turn this option off.

The calculation works by finding the *topmost* up-facing polygon at the mouse position that is solid (e.g. leaves generally aren't solid, and the player can pass through them). Therefore this technique will *not* work for placing spawns inside buildings, since it will generally place them upon the roof. It's important to take care to watch for roofs, overhangs, or other polygons that can throw the calculation off, and the Z coordinate will always be displayed so you can check. However, for open areas, I've found that the Z coordinates tend to be perfect since it finds the exact intersection point. The upshot of all this is that right-clicking on the map should create accurately placed spawns nearly 100% of the time.

This technique does *not* take placed meshes (from the mesh library) into account, so you don't need to worry about trees, tents, etc. fouling the calculation up. Only zone geometry is used in the calculation.

You'll obviously need to own a (legal !!!) copy of EQ and have the Admin Tool configured to point to that folder, but this is already the case for the item icons anyway. I hope this last feature helps -- I'm populating my new OpenZone zone and it's making my life a gazillion times easier.

Wind

P.S. One other feature in the Admin Tool: previous versions had a lot of trouble adding new records when some fields required non-null values. Now the tool will do its best to make sure that such requirements are satisfied when you click the "Add record" button on various tabs.

krusher
02-20-2004, 03:13 PM
Thx WC. Great work as usual.

Monrezz
02-21-2004, 12:57 AM
Great program :)

Windcatcher
02-21-2004, 06:29 AM
Sorry about that. I had something set to true by default when it should be false. I made the change and re-uploaded the archive a little while ago. It should be available for download now; give it a try and let me know if it works for you.

WC

Monrezz
02-21-2004, 01:21 PM
Works perfectly now, thanks :)

Great job - I can see the spawn editor thingy is going to help out a lot.

Jezebell
03-11-2004, 10:42 AM
Wind, been using EQEmu Admin a bit and noticed that it is not pulling some of the correct information from the db. Specifically off the top of my head the character inventory, such as equiped items, it looks like EQEmu Admin pulls default items for the character even though they are wearing completely different items.