PDA

View Full Version : More Releases

Windcatcher
02-22-2004, 03:54 PM
OpenZone 3.6

Perfected vertex normals and re-exported many mesh objects that can take advantage of the improvement. Tree trunks, barrels, etc. (just about anything that's round) will look a lot less polygonal and more rounded now. Also, ground areas in any zones you export will look smoother. To take advantage of this, just re-export any zones you have.

Expanded the scripting language and file format to support vertex normals, and expanded the cone, cylinder, pipe, and spiral staircase scripts to take advantage of it. These scripts will apply vertex normals to give a more rounded appearance by default, but there is a parameter to turn the feature off.

When exporting an object to the mesh library, the program will now let you overwrite an existing one (but will warn you that it already exists).

OpenZone Zonepack 1.6

I re-exported the three zones with the new mesh objects and the improved vertex normals, and things look a lot smoother now.

DZoneConverter 1.1

This is sort of an esoteric program. Back in the Jurassic age I uploaded version 1.0 of this, and I've finally gotten around to uploading my updated version. This is really only of use for people building 3rd-party tools: it's sort of a universal .WLD file loader, and it has several view and export options. If you're writing a tool and you're having trouble reading .WLD files, this program is for you.

Wind

samandhi
02-22-2004, 04:53 PM
Great job WC! As usual, quality material.....

Shadow-Wolf
02-23-2004, 12:57 AM
Thanks wind great releases