PDA

View Full Version : EQEMu Zone Previewer Alpha released

Mongrel
02-27-2004, 12:15 PM
Here it is, first alpha version of the zone previewer.

(Note: No source yet. Due to limited time and some complications with the engine part I couldn't get the source ready to be released. Future versions will have the source included.
If you don't want to download this that's fine with me)

Unfortunately, I couldn't get in nearly as many features as I wanted to, but since I'll be absent over the weekend I decided to release an alpha version. Treat it as such, please.

Here's what you can do:
- View zones and fly around (some zones seem to take forever to load (mostly Luclin/PoP zones), not sure why)
- View a very limited set of spawn/npc_type properties if you have a DB running (rest will be added later, this IS an alpha after all ;))

First thing you should do is edit the ini file. Leave everything as it is except for the EverQuest path. Run the program and you should see the good old arena. If that works, you can start with the other zones.

Download it here (http://camongrel.hbnet.de/files/eqzone_alpha.zip)
Edit: Get an update here (http://camongrel.hbnet.de/files/EQZone.zip) without the BASS sound part (not using it anyway

DeletedUser
02-27-2004, 12:39 PM
Are you going to make an editor like NWN has? Would be very cool to be able to point click NPC pathing and such.

Shadow-Wolf
02-27-2004, 02:41 PM
i keep getting an error about BASS.dll =/

Shadow-Wolf
02-27-2004, 02:48 PM
ok i downloaded bass.dll(it was missing) and now im getting:
The procedure entry point BASS_SetGlobalVolumes could not be located in the dynamic link library BASS.dll

Mongrel
02-27-2004, 08:24 PM
Here's a quick fix:
get it here (http://camongrel.hbnet.de/files/EQZone.zip)

A few more notes:
ESC - Quits the program
Left click - Selects an NPC (doesn't really work at the moment)
Dblclick - Opens NPC info dialog
Right click and hold - Look around
Up/Down Arrow - Move forward/backwards

Some zones load up fine, but are somewhat messed up.

RexChaos
02-28-2004, 12:39 PM
Are you going to make an editor like NWN has? Would be very cool to be able to point click NPC pathing and such.

That would be sweet. :) I love NWN...only reason I'm back playing EQ is that I like 1st person games better. I did host a NWN server for a few months, but just didn't have the time to keep building new areas and such. I do like the NWN toolset though. Very nice editor.

One more NWN thing....Hordes of the Underdark was great. :)

Shadow-Wolf
02-28-2004, 03:19 PM
now i ran into another problem, when i try to open it the editor crashes.

Mongrel
03-01-2004, 06:30 AM
When exactly does it crash and what's the message? Do you see the status window? (The one saying "loading zone ... " etc..)

Shadow-Wolf
03-01-2004, 09:44 AM
no it does not, i click the icon and then it takes about a sec or two and then it goes "the following program has crashed and windows needed to close it"

Mongrel
03-01-2004, 07:01 PM
Might be an OpenGL issue, since WinXP doesn't ship with OpenGL support. Can you run other OpenGL games (based on the Quake 3 engine)?

Shadow-Wolf
03-02-2004, 01:15 PM
well i can run the quake III demo without error if that counts lol

Mongrel
03-03-2004, 03:05 AM
Yeah, that counts. Gonna look into it further.

Would be nice if one of the other 20 people who have downloaded this could post whether it works for them or not.

RexChaos
03-03-2004, 03:54 AM
Might be an OpenGL issue, since WinXP doesn't ship with OpenGL support. Can you run other OpenGL games (based on the Quake 3 engine)?

Open GL...hmmm... Too bad EQ doesn't run in Open GL. I always liked OGL better than Direct 3D. The lighting just looks better to me.

I'm looking forward to trying your zone previewer out. :)

smogo
03-03-2004, 04:09 AM
'didn't think i could give it a try, even though i think this is a very good addition to EQEMu project. As you ask feedback :

1. Downloaded,
2. changed .ini,
3. clicked,
and it worked just like a charm.

This is great. i willl certainly use it.

Shadow-Wolf
03-16-2004, 10:51 AM
still seems to not work for me =/ damn my computer damn it to hell!

Mongrel
03-16-2004, 07:38 PM
Going to release another version today, with lots of re-written code. I didn't change much of the initialization code, but it may still help. We'll see :)