PDA

View Full Version : Releases

Windcatcher
03-08-2004, 02:27 PM
I've got some new goodies up on SourceForge today...

Updated texture pack #3

I've added a bunch of new textures for my new zone, and you'll need to re-download zonepack3.zip to view it properly in OpenZone. Also, they're needed for the new mesh objects.

OpenZone 3.8

1. Fixed a bug in the ground editor that caused nested grouped objects to be moved to the wrong position.

2. Fixed a bug where changing the ground elevation in a shifted zone would move the ground to the wrong position.

3. Fixed a crash bug when double-clicking on some scripted object's properties.

4. Fixed the round_table mesh so that you can't walk through it.

5. Added some new mesh objects using the new textures in the updated zonepack #3.

6. Clicking "ungroup object" when an object in a group is selected will remove that object from all groups and move it up to the root level in the object tree.

7. Updated the wall script so it supports multiple doors or windows. Also added a setting so they can be shifted to an off-center position, and added a setting that will cause the script to automatically add a semitransparent "glass" texture in each window if desired.

8. Added some new settings to the box script so any face can be turned off.

9. Added a floor script under the buildings tab that has two features: (1) it automatically breaks up the floor into pieces that are no more than 30 units on a side, which makes it respond nicely to nearby light sources, and (2) it supports a rectangular cutout which makes adding second-story (and higher) floors a lot easier.

10. Added a hanging_chain script under the furniture tab. It makes life a lot easier when adding, for example, hanging light sources of varying heights.

11. When an object is selected, the program will display a yellow selection box around it so you can see which object is selected. If an object is especially complex (like an entire building, for example), it might take a couple of seconds before the box appears.

Updated ZonePack

For the intrepid adventurer brave enough to navigate the winding Caverns of Gur, you will find yourself entering the land of Veldona. Many generations ago a group of barbarians left their home in search of adventure. For many years they trekked lands both savage and benign, until finally discovering the green land which they named Veldona. It is here where they have made their home.

This zone is *not* finished (or even populated), but it's far enough along that you can explore it if you wish. I'm especially open to any suggestions (or even better, assistance) in making this zone, since creating it is proving to be a *lot* of work. I'm also releasing it now because it makes heavy use of the new scripting enhancements in OpenZone 3.8 and would be perfect for anyone upgrading to see what's new. Making towns is perhaps ten times easier than before, but it's still a ton of work.

After I finish typing this I'll unlock my server and put it up. Feel free to join me for a grog at the yet-to-be named inn (naming suggestions are welcome).

WC

Jezebell
03-08-2004, 02:37 PM
Sounds good WC!! Nice work!

Jeze - 255 Overlord (GM-Impossible)

Windcatcher
03-08-2004, 03:19 PM
(sigh)

Somehow my exported zone file got corrupted and I had to re-export it and re-upload the zonepack. You'll need to go and re-download the zonepack if you already did, but this one shouldn't crash your client. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Wind

Windcatcher
03-08-2004, 03:42 PM
There's one other thing, and this is very important.

DELETE veldona_chr.txt. Apparently force-loading the "Halas Citizens" race doesn't work, and crashes your client.

(sigh)

WC

Windcatcher
03-08-2004, 04:22 PM
(cry)

I was also force-loading the halas citizens race in gurcanyons, and that zone was crashing too. I decided to fix the .txt files for both zones and re-upload the whole zone pack. If you re-download the zone pack (again) all zones should work fine now.

WC

Shadow-Wolf
03-08-2004, 05:31 PM
poor wind =( just use normal barbs... and omg you read my mind on the multiple window on a wall idea wind you rock! this is expecialy going to help since i am making a player houseing zone
(or atleast im tryin)for DS(Draclian Signus) so players cna own houses and this is gunna help alot! one problem is that i will have to wait for someone to get ZP workin with 5.5(unless you did by now :) ) i cant log into your server anymore man cause i lost my back up eq folder but i will check it out on OZ.

Windcatcher
03-08-2004, 05:43 PM
0.5.5 doesn't have ServerZoneEntryStruct->zone_id yet, or I'd have a 0.5.5-ZP out by now. Sorry you have to wait...

WC

Windcatcher
03-08-2004, 05:50 PM
Well, I'm off to bed, but I'll leave the server up for a day or two. Here's a quick refresher course on ZoneProxy:

1. VERY IMPORTANT: put ZoneProxy 1.3 in the same folder as your EQ folder. If you want to set up a shortcut to it, make sure the "run from" folder is set correctly.

2. If you have a router or firewall (like my Linksys router), make sure that port 8800 is being forwarded to your LAN IP address. You can find out your LAN IP address by typing "ipconfig" from a DOS prompt. If port 8800 isn't being forwarded properly, ZoneProxy will NOT work and you won't be able to zone into the new zones.

3. Start ZoneProxy BEFORE starting your client.

4. Start your client and log in as normal. Create an elf/dwarf/gnome, since right now the only way to get to the new zones is to click the PoK book outside Felwithe. Don't worry about getting back; the first zone you enter has a PoK book that will take you back to the gfay PoD lift.

It would be really nice if I could have the server tell a player if the server detected ZoneProxy running or not. Any server devs know if this is possible?

WC

Windcatcher
03-09-2004, 02:37 PM
So has anyone dared to venture in yet? I've seen quite a few people log in, but as yet the server hasn't detected ZoneProxy yet...come on, you're not afraid of four teeny-tiny zones are you? Just make a map... :P

WC

RexChaos
03-09-2004, 03:28 PM
After I get comfortable with a stable server, I will DEFINITELY be using this. This sounds awesome.

smogo
03-09-2004, 04:49 PM
How do we get the 3 custom zone files. I don't think they are downloaded from the server. Didn't find them in Openzone, or Zone Proxy package. And no file in sourceforge seemed to me holding the zones. Did i miss something ?

It would be really nice if I could have the server tell a player if the server detected ZoneProxy running or not
Why not glue this to MOTD code in world/client.cpp ? You'd get it showing once only, and could tweak it to inform user what zones he/she is entitled to, haveing ZP or not.

Windcatcher
03-09-2004, 04:59 PM
Hmmm. That's a good idea. I just might work on it tomorrow...

As for the 4 zones, look under the Admin Tool section. There should be a package named OpenZone Sample Zones or something like it. You're looking for a file called zonepack1.zip.

WC

smogo
03-09-2004, 05:06 PM
i had seen it but it seemed way outdated for me (it says jan 1st 2004). Downloading it now, i will login later (it's 6 AM here :lol: )

Thanks for your help.

Mongrel
03-09-2004, 08:51 PM
Was on yesterday, but I died in gurcanyons and respawned in the nowhere. Now I keep falling and falling and falling ... :(

Likely a problem with the shifted zones or just move the safe spot into the zone geometry.

Shadow-Wolf
03-10-2004, 10:32 AM
well i downloaded a fix for eqemu so i can get on your server as soon as i download the zonepack :)

Windcatcher
03-10-2004, 10:43 AM
I just made a small change to my server software. When you zone in it will tell you whether it found ZoneProxy or not, so there will be no guessing.

WC

smogo
03-10-2004, 12:18 PM
just tried to login. Got the 'Zoneproxy not set, unable to access 3rd party zones' message upon login :(

Got the following ZoneProxy.log :

Got ZP started, then client started, then logged in to the server
ZoneProxy listening on port: 8800
Incoming connection from ip: 68.80.156.63 port: 1942
Data from ip: 68.80.156.63 port:1942 length: 16
Incoming commandset: "GetAliasZoneName"
Received command: GetAliasZoneName
Sending tutorial
to connection 0
Removing connection #0

Then logged out, then closed ZP.

Restoring C:\data\EverQuest\.s3d
Restoring C:\data\EverQuest\_chr.s3d
Restoring C:\data\EverQuest\_obj.s3d
Restoring C:\data\EverQuest\_chr.txt
Restoring C:\data\EverQuest\_sndbnk.eff
Restoring C:\data\EverQuest\_sounds.eff
Shutting down...
Shutting down client sockets.
Client sockets shut down.
Listening port shut down.

i only forwarded TCP 8800 to my machine (i'm behind a router). Do i have to forward UPD too ?

Windcatcher
03-10-2004, 12:38 PM
Ah. I see the problem. It actually found your ZP, but I'm printing the message incorrectly. Give me a few minutes to fix it and restart the server.

WC

P.S. I moved everyone out of the third-party zones and did some work on the safe coords. I think they're ok now.

Windcatcher
03-10-2004, 01:14 PM
Ok, it's up -- and seems to be working better. Why don't you give it a try.

WC

smogo
03-10-2004, 03:16 PM
Thanks for the show ! It was very impressive.

I'll get back and take the boss gnoll in zone before Velona, ...
... if i get my way there :lol:

Windcatcher
03-10-2004, 03:21 PM
Bring a group with you. He really is a death machine 8)

Wind