PDA

View Full Version : Compiling Question...

Cans
03-12-2004, 07:24 AM
Hey guys...

Today I am going to try and compile the binaries for my server on my own since using other people's binaries gave lots of bugs. Now, given that I follow the tutorial on how to compile and everything works, will I have a server that works as well, or will I get a random bug with my server?

This may be something that is unpredictable, but why is it that one person gets a "Can't Load into World" bug while another person with a different compiled binary gets "World.exe has found an error and will close" bug? I'm guessing that both people compiled differently or may have tried to edit on their own.

Just thought I would ask if there is a more than likely chance I will have some bugs or if its even worth my time to compile myself instead of just waiting for the supported version to come out. Thanks to all in advanced :)

--Cans O`Whoop Ass
--Server OP of the Badabing Server

RexChaos
03-12-2004, 07:30 AM
Post a link to them when you compile them and they can be tested by several different people. I'm not positive but I had errors that some other people didn't get. I was using win 2k pro and others had xp pro. Should be able to work with both, but mine didn't. Very odd.

Looking forward to seeing if your binaries work for everyone.

Cans
03-12-2004, 11:42 AM
As of now, I'm looking for a compiler that will work with the tutorial...Searching the boards for links I saw of them before. Hopefully one isn't to far off from what the tutorial gives since I don't have VS.Net 2003 and don't plan on spending 1000 bucks for it ;) I can't find a demo DL anywhere either.

Tertiary
03-12-2004, 11:52 AM
You could try using Dev-C++. I recently (today) posted the 5.5DR1 source tree with the Dev-C++ changes already applied here:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12313

nilar
03-12-2004, 12:38 PM
As for VS.net 2003

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13232

Tertiary posted some binaries that seem to have most bugs fixed and everything works right. Check under General Support and find the 0.5.5 DR1 binaries. I also updated the link on the front page of the post.