PDA

View Full Version : RELEASE: Item Editor 1.9

mangoo
03-16-2004, 08:01 AM
I'd like to apologize to everyone for not getting this out sooner. I left school and am now working full time until next semester, so I haven't been working on this, at all. Lemme know of any bugs that hinder loading/saving items, I only briefly tested to make sure new items could be made and items would load/save correctly. Will get 2.0 as soon as I can, but it will probably be about 2-4 weeks before it's out so I'll keep 1.9 updated until then.

Download: Item Editor 1.9 (http://emu.fliphost.net/files/ItemEditor19.zip)

Changes in 1.9:
- Updated to work with current database from: Item Database (http://www.eqemulator.net/items.php)
- Updated UI, didn't feel like moving known Unknown fields because I'm lazy.

Changes in 1.8 (never released sorry):
- Some bug fixes I've forgotten (accidently writed over changelog with one from webserver)
- Item Previewing should no longer crash the program, was a problem with spells.

Shadow-Wolf
03-16-2004, 10:18 AM
aww man problem whenever i try to edit an item past 9(i think its 9) ItemEditor crashes =(

nilar
03-16-2004, 10:22 AM
Same problem with me. But Item Editor Version 1.5 works with newest databases for me.

mangoo
03-16-2004, 04:47 PM
Haven't been able to replicate it :(

Pebblez
03-17-2004, 03:37 PM
lixxxx mango :twisted:

mangoo
03-19-2004, 07:32 AM
aww man problem whenever i try to edit an item past 9(i think its 9) ItemEditor crashes =(

Shadow-Wolf and I figured out this problem last night that this was caused by an incompatible items database.

Shawn319
03-20-2004, 05:19 AM
For the most part it works.. but here are a few bugs i found:

1. Player stats (STR/STA/AGI/DEX/WIZ/INT/CHA and all the resists) cant go above or below 127 or you end up with wierd numbers. Can you hard code these stats to give an error above/below these numbers? (or just default it to +-127). All other stats like HP/MANA/AC/etc can go to at least 500 so i dont know the max yet. (leave those alone).

2. The LORE and ARTIFACT flags dont show up ingame. This may be a code issue i dunno..

3. When i picked the Rallos Zek deity for an item, it ended up as Quellious ingame. (maybe other deitys are out of order too).

4. The default comment ("Created by mangoos item editor whatever") get put as "0" when you save the item.. Either its getting the column default in the db, or your referencing the wrong column when u view it.

5. Under Race and Class you need an "All" button that will make the item "ALL" inagame. I had made an item with all races/class's checked and it ended up listing all the classes, and saying ALL for races.

6. Your model viewer button is enabled when it shouldnt be (looks like it almost works too, good job).

I'll post more when i find em.

mangoo
03-20-2004, 08:56 AM
For the most part it works.. but here are a few bugs i found:

1. Player stats (STR/STA/AGI/DEX/WIZ/INT/CHA and all the resists) cant go above or below 127 or you end up with wierd numbers. Can you hard code these stats to give an error above/below these numbers? (or just default it to +-127). All other stats like HP/MANA/AC/etc can go to at least 500 so i dont know the max yet. (leave those alone).

2. The LORE and ARTIFACT flags dont show up ingame. This may be a code issue i dunno..

3. When i picked the Rallos Zek deity for an item, it ended up as Quellious ingame. (maybe other deitys are out of order too).

4. The default comment ("Created by mangoos item editor whatever") get put as "0" when you save the item.. Either its getting the column default in the db, or your referencing the wrong column when u view it.

5. Under Race and Class you need an "All" button that will make the item "ALL" inagame. I had made an item with all races/class's checked and it ended up listing all the classes, and saying ALL for races.

6. Your model viewer button is enabled when it shouldnt be (looks like it almost works too, good job).

I'll post more when i find em.

Sorry for the shitty release, updated it in 5min and guess I left some spots not updated =/.

1. On player stats, that's a max of 127 in game isn't I believe, will put in a check in item editor.

2. Server issue I'm sure.

3. Odd, could someone post the correct values please?

4. Prolly missed a field somewhere when updating to new database.

5. Is it all class/race and "ALL" in game or in item previewer? If ingame then that's not my fault! Also RIGHT click when the dropdown box is open selects/deselects everything.

6. Ya I had it enabled for when I was trying to get it going, uploaded a disabled version a few days ago. It just doesn't draw the stupid model >=[.

Aquelin
03-21-2004, 08:22 AM
Works great! <3 for teh mangoo.

killspree
03-21-2004, 10:02 AM
Classes being listed is because berserker isn't an option in the field, if berserker was there(along with adding it in the proper places in the code if it isn't already), it would show up as ALL for classes.

mangoo
03-21-2004, 12:07 PM
Ah yea definately forgot about them berserkers, thanks for the find =)

blinkish
03-21-2004, 12:56 PM
Hey bro ) Im new to database item editing , are the letters / numbers supposed to be faded out ? or are they supposd to be dark , i connected to the database but when i put in all the slots for the item i am creating , i hit new item , it isnt created and cant find it on search ... if i click on an item in the box it crashes . Would love to get help.

mangoo
03-21-2004, 06:08 PM
Hey bro ) Im new to database item editing , are the letters / numbers supposed to be faded out ? or are they supposd to be dark , i connected to the database but when i put in all the slots for the item i am creating , i hit new item , it isnt created and cant find it on search ... if i click on an item in the box it crashes . Would love to get help.

Sounds to me like you're using an old item database.