PDA

View Full Version : Database question

Ligerous
03-17-2004, 11:27 AM
I was wondering if any old databases would work with the 5.5 release. I know the MW_055_alpha1 works and its pretty good, but some of the older databases have some of the other higher level zones populated. If anyone knows any that work and how to make them work please reply!

nilar
03-17-2004, 01:49 PM
Some of the newer ones in the database sticky should work.

Ligerous
03-17-2004, 02:49 PM
Tried making a new database and only sourcing Tcsmyworld's MV alpha 2. That loaded fine but whenever someone tries to zone in from the character selection screen, it boots them to the server selection screen. Then i dropped that database and created a new one and sourced only Mwmdragon's 5.2 and the same thing happened. The only one i can get to work correctly is the 5.5 version but i want to avoid that one as the AA's dont work right, along with a few other issues.

Any idea's on anything in addition i could do to make them compatible with 5.5?? Do i need to use an update to the database or something after sourcing one of the old databases?

Thanks!

Memener
03-17-2004, 07:06 PM
what verson of mysql do you use you need verson 4.0.18... Not verson 3.32
If you use that verson look at all of the ini files and boot5zones.bat file have the right IP

If you still have a problem try reinstalling mysql and source tcs's Database and if it still dosent work go into the chat room go to projecteq and ask me there or one of the other people in the room