PDA

View Full Version : Item Editor problem

molimo140
03-20-2004, 01:07 PM
Having trouble with item editor, keeps tellin me cant connect to db....what do i type in where it says Database name??...for some reason it doesnt like 'eq' (minus the ' ')

Monrezz
03-20-2004, 01:22 PM
What is the name of your database?

Tulladar
03-20-2004, 03:45 PM
the MW_055_alpha_02

nilar
03-20-2004, 03:49 PM
What did you enter as database location? Localhost?

Tulladar
03-20-2004, 04:34 PM
I've tried localhost i've tried C:\mysql C:\emu my IP address...

samandhi
03-21-2004, 05:30 AM
What Monrezz meant by asking what is your db name, is he is asking what did you name it when you created the DB using MySQL...MW_055_alpha_02 is the name of the file that you are sourcing in... Here is a couple of examples of how I named them, JUST so I could keep them straight when using more than one DB file ...
mysql -u root mysql
CREATE DATABASE myra;
USE myra;
source myraDB.sql;
Now in db.ini I can put the name myra and it will connect to THAT db...
mysql -u root mysql
CREATE DATABASE mw;
USE mw;
source MW_055_alpha_02.sql;
As you can see the name of the file and the name of the DB are two different things (if you choose to).. But I can now also use mw in db.ini to use THAT db instead of myra....
Here is how you probably did it, if you followed the set-up guides.
mysql -u root mysql
CREATE DATABASE eq;
USE eq;
source MW_055_alpha_02.sql (or myraDB.sql... whichever you chose to use)
If you did it THIS way, in the area that asks for the DB name, for the item editor, you will put eq..... Hope this helped you out...

[edit] If it doesnt like eq as the DB then it is because either you DIDNT name it eq (it IS case sensitive) or you need to connect using root account instead of your UN/PW because you might not have GRANTed properly... But using localhost or 127.0.0.1 is PROBABLY not your problem here... Also, make sure winmysqladmin.exe is running in your systray (it SHOULD work without it running, but sometimes it wont... )..

Tulladar
03-22-2004, 08:40 AM
I used eq ...like the set up guide said......u said i might have to connect using -root accnt.... how would I go about doing that?