PDA

View Full Version : DB Issue

Taggerung01
03-23-2004, 07:52 AM
I downloaded the new MW5.5 DB, but it seems to be missing some spawns. I was wondering if it is possible to source spawns into the DB without updating everything again. Also how would i get the new spawn tables if any.

nilar
03-23-2004, 08:45 AM
You can manually add a spawn in game with the #spawn command. Then add it to the database using #npcspawn create and #npcspawn add.

Taggerung01
03-23-2004, 09:06 AM
Yeah, but im looking for a database to add working PoP zones and other cool spawns, i can't add all of them manually, is there any way? Or, are not enough packets collected on live, was just checking out some other posts.

slambs
03-23-2004, 09:47 AM
I think I know what you are asking. There are servers running POP zones and if we ask them real nicely they may share with the community.

The other option is to wait until the person who did the script for getting the loot tables from allakhazam comes back from a trip and see if there is a way of moding the script to get spawns as well.

It would be nice to have POP up and running 8)

sandy
03-24-2004, 05:31 AM
slambs it's not possible to get spawns from allakhazam =)
we are working on pop zones for tcsmyworld's database, wait a little, you won't see the difference between eqemu and eqlive ^^
except for script events and the pathing pbs but devs are working hard on that

samandhi
03-24-2004, 05:40 AM
we are working on pop zones for tcsmyworld's database, wait a little, you won't see the difference between eqemu and eqlive ^^
except for script events and the pathing pbs but devs are working hard on that As always, MANY thanks go to ALL the world devs and code tinkerers......

Taggerung01
03-24-2004, 01:13 PM
Also, i have noticed that some mobs that should aggro on you will act passively, will this also be addressed?

tcsmyworld
03-25-2004, 11:05 AM
As of this moment there are 71,774 npc_types in the MW DB, and it's still very incomplete.
Adding loot, faction, grids/waypoints is very time consuming and we have a small team trying to get things working, we recently added a huge starting items table and have been working out the starting points for all char types and fixed most of the zone points so they work correctly, we aren't just adding spawns , we are trying to get a playable DB out to people and to me that means ALL aspects of play.
I'm sorry if people think we should just instantly have a complete and playable DB, but we are only human and this is a spare time project.

As always, anyone wanting to help out is welcome to join us in the irc chat on irc.eqemulator.net channel #npcmovdb, we can always use more help :)