PDA

View Full Version : I'm taking uber items OFF vendors in the MW055 database

RexChaos
04-04-2004, 04:47 PM
To anyone who doesn't want to spend the ridiculous amounts of time, I'll be uploading the merchants table as an .sql file soon. I am in the process of hand editing each row to take out any uber equipment from the vendors.

This means nobody can buy mithril helms, scepters of destruction, kunark class armor, etc. :) I'm sure there may be a few servers who want a little less uber merchants. I may miss a few items here and there (cmon it's 8892 rows), but if at least one person finds this useful, then I'm happy. :)

I'm hoping to have this complete by Monday evening.

smogo
04-04-2004, 05:34 PM
for a start, you may want to use the following SQL queries :

delete from merchantlist using merchantlist, items where merchantlist.item=items.id and items.cost > 100000;
will remove all entries in merchant list where item cost is above 100000

and
delete from merchantlist using merchantlist, items where merchantlist.item=items.id and items.name like '%Paineel%';
will get you rid of entries in merchant list where name contains Paineel.

i hope this can save you time :)

RexChaos
04-04-2004, 07:35 PM
Those would have come in handy...but I'm already done. :) Hehe...those are good and they would have saved me a lot of time, but I just replaced the offending items with good old used merchant gloves. :) I wasn't sure if I could just delete those rows or if that would mess something up with the merchant window item slot placement.

There were some that had prices of 0 that I took out or repriced.

If anyone has any feedback, I'm all for it. Let me know if you find any remnants of gear that shouldn't be there. I left a few armor types in that the prices weren't too bad on as well.

http://www.geocities.com/titaniumguild/eqemu/eqemu.htm

Shadow-Wolf
04-04-2004, 11:54 PM
I cant test it out as I have to go to class but i will when i get home and have time..

KhaN
04-05-2004, 11:05 AM
Rex, i love you. We got the same point of view on MW forums :p

RexChaos
04-05-2004, 02:23 PM
It's good to be loved. :)