PDA

View Full Version : This request is... well, just different

smuggler
04-09-2004, 01:08 AM
I'm looking to create a 100% customized world (in terms of items, npcs, factions, and loot).

I'm messing with the storyline of the original everquest and because of the way my development is heading, I need some information.

Is there a way i can mess with the class/race combos... the starting cities, and the possible dieties selectable for all the class/race combinations?

I figure that there must be a way, I just don't know it yet... =P

Thanks in advance for any help.

RexChaos
04-09-2004, 01:17 AM
Starting cities is easy to do. Look through the tables of the database and you'll find one called start_location or something like that. I forget off the top of my head what it's exact name is.

Class/Race combos are client side, so they can't be changed. You CAN however change them once someone creates a character by using the #permarace and #permaclass commands.

Deities are hardcoded into the client as well. I'm not sure, but I think you may be able to edit those in the database after character creation as well.

Hope this helps.

KhaN
04-09-2004, 01:18 AM
For BASIC EQ Lore :
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13751

You can also check my website, lore section on left.
We have started to modify some things in EQ Lore for a better EQ Lore merge. But i dont know if that will suit you ...
http://www.everquestanthology.fr.st

Making a new story based on EQ Lore is not evident, because Verant always change EQ Background and there are like 4 versions of a story/legend/tale. Good Luck :)

smuggler
04-09-2004, 01:31 AM
I forgot to ask about skill caps... In the SQLAdmin GUI, I can edit at what level classes get skills, but not skill caps...

Any help here? Also, are there any skills that just don't work yet with EQEmu? I'll simply make it so no classes get those till 66 =P

_smuggler!

killspree
04-09-2004, 03:01 AM
Hmm...I can't remember if there was a table added for skillcaps or not, maybe it was the one you're talking about. If so, then the only way to change skillcaps is in the code.

smuggler
04-24-2004, 02:42 PM
Anybody out there wanna give the proverbial code Rook a little advice about editing le source? I'm sure it wouldn't be so difficult once I got myself started, but I'm looking for a little advice.. I mean, the process and the tools...

Like, for reading & editing and then for recompiling. Thanks in advance.

NarutoLegacy
04-24-2004, 02:47 PM
You can change alot of these things in the database I think o_O

smuggler
04-24-2004, 03:31 PM
class/race?

skill caps?

these cant be edited as fas as i know, if there is a tool that does allow these to be edited, i would be glad to find it.

there is something that occurs to me, though...

if i were to add entries into the start_loc and start_items tables for new class/race combos, would this perhaps enable those combos to be chosen? just a thought

NarutoLegacy
04-24-2004, 03:44 PM
You would need a patcher like WR and edit alot of EQ files.

killspree
04-24-2004, 06:46 PM
start_zones seems broken, I had to manually change code in world\client.cpp to get things working correctly.

Skill caps can for sure be changed in the code.

Starting items are changed in the DB and work last I saw.