PDA

View Full Version : Adding persistant spawns.

vzmule
04-19-2004, 03:15 AM
I'm doing some work on correcting spawns in the db and adding spawns to mirror eq.

I'm starting with the cshome zone. I have a full list of what npcs are supposed to be in cshome, their loc, what they have in each slot, etc as of yesterday on the eq live servers.

I was able to add spawns to the npc_types table and use the #dbspawn command to spawn them manually in game, but I'm looking for what else I need to change/add in the db to make the spawns pop on zone pop/repop.

Are the other tables spawngroup, spawn2 and spawnentry? If so, what is the proper way to add new persistant spawns without conflicting with existing ids/groups?

Thanks in advance.

vz

P.S. This is on a linux server, so I believe I have to do it all manually in the db.

sandy
04-19-2004, 05:33 PM
hello
we actually are working on populating all zones automaticly via eqlive sent datas with eqcollector and eqbuilder
so you don't need to create manually the spawns

but if you have an eqlive account, your help is welcome, we need really more people for collecting all the zones
there is a lot, more than 300 and we need several logs for each =)

we are on mirc in channel #npcmovdb if you want more info =)

vzmule
04-20-2004, 05:00 AM
hello
we actually are working on populating all zones automaticly via eqlive sent datas with eqcollector and eqbuilder
so you don't need to create manually the spawns

but if you have an eqlive account, your help is welcome, we need really more people for collecting all the zones
there is a lot, more than 300 and we need several logs for each =)

we are on mirc in channel #npcmovdb if you want more info =)

Sounds good. Be glad to help out.

Anyone able to answer my original question though about which tables need to be updated to add a new spawn?

RangerDown
04-20-2004, 08:10 AM
npc_types needs to have info about the NPC you're wanting to spawn.

spawn2 and (spawn_entries?) need to have records in there so it knows what loc to spawn the mob at, and what the respawn timer is.

Can't remember the table off the top of my head, but there's another you'll need to populate with items for sale if the npc is a merchant.

vzmule
04-20-2004, 12:33 PM
Gotcha. I was just wondering which id had to be in which table. I ended up setting up a spawn that I could spawn anywhere, but when I added that npc_type to the other tables, It was spawning the wrong mob at that loc. heh

tcsmyworld
04-20-2004, 03:44 PM
If you'd like to see what sandy's tool pulls from live, log onto TCsMWtest2.
It's running 148 zones that were collected from live, and has pathing set from live data.

sandy
04-21-2004, 10:09 PM
Hum I will try to create a tutorial for npc editing =)

vzmule
04-23-2004, 02:37 AM
Your post in that other thread was great, thanks.

I should have something to post soon.

wraithmajere
04-23-2004, 03:33 AM
Target The "Already Spawned NPC" And #NPCSPAWN CREATE , Then #NPCSPAWN ADD -- I Believe This Is What You Do, However I Don't Know If It Works 100% B/C Of The "Naming Of The NPC" It Used To Only Work "Some" Of The Time And Have Problems With Certain Lengths & Characters In The NPC Names, If This Has Been Fixed, Please Correct Me.