PDA

View Full Version : Spawning Guards?

erb2k
04-22-2004, 10:29 PM
Hello ladies and gents,

Could anyone tell me how to spawn guards that will attack mobs that are on the players if they run up to them? Like the guards in Gfay, Quey2, and various other newbie zones? Can this be done in-world or does it have to be done somewhere in the db?

Erb2k

Destavator
04-22-2004, 10:49 PM
To get Guards protecting you, you need to correct the faction tables correctly.

erb2k
04-23-2004, 05:30 PM
Ah ok so that's a database thing and cannot be done in-game then? Ok, thanks for your time :-)

erb2k

Also, I was wondering if anyone out there might know something about an error while trying to source MW055_alpha_02.sql and doorupdate in mysql? I keep getting this error. The creator of the guide i'm using didnt know what to do about it.

ERROR:
Failed to open file 'MW055_alpha_02.sql', error:2

Hope someone else might be able to help. Currently running from a pre-compiled db provided by the guide creator untill I can figgure the problem out, or find someone who knows what the problem is. All files have been downloaded and extracted into the mysql/bin folder, re-extracted, re-downloaded.... dont know what the deal is lol.

erb

Gossamer
04-23-2004, 07:13 PM
Are you putting the sql file in your /bin folder?

Beretta
04-23-2004, 10:41 PM
You do NOT have to put the files in your bin directory. They have been harping everyone about that forever and ever. I have put my files into my root C: directory, opened up cmd, cd'ed to my C: root directory, opened up mysql from there, then typed source yadda yadda and it works. How it HAS to be is, which ever folder you open your MYSQL from, the source files MUST be in there with it.

So say you open up cmd, then type mysql to start mysql

what wil happen is if your using windows xp, cmd will open up and go into your basic directory just before your desktop (EX: C:\Documents and Settings\Username\)

What will happen is, when you source without switching directories, its going to look in that same folder for the source files. So make sure to open up mysql from your C:\mysql\bin or wherever you put your source files.

Course if you have a link to your mysql program that is resting where your source files are, you hve nothing to worry about. Just launch your link and go on as you normally would. The only problem then would be mis-spelling the name

erb2k
04-24-2004, 09:16 AM
Hey,

Yea the source files are in the mysql/bin folder and thats also where I open up mysql from too so I dont know what the deal is. I've followed the tutorial to a 'T' and it's still giving me that error. :-(

Also I downloaded a pre-compiled database and having a diffrent error on that one, it's saying that eq.variables not found. :-/ An answer to either of these problems would get my server up and running, so I hope someone can help :-) I used bluejam's tutorial at http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13973&sid=f7d8c73f004172b902a44c640a432f38 so it should be working. I've read the replies to his tutorial and nobody else seems to be having these same errors :-(

Hope someone can help.

Erb2k

MrJag
04-24-2004, 03:23 PM
when you source in your database , are you letting it scroll / run all the way thru ... ?

erb2k
04-25-2004, 11:17 AM
Yep I sit there and let it go through untill it starts giving me the eq.variables does not exist and once it hits that point it just keeps trying over and over again. I let it try with the same error about 8-9 times before I decided to just go and ask if anyone else has run into this problem.

LOL I think mysql hates me ;-)

Erb2k

erb2k
04-25-2004, 12:11 PM
Hey I think I've worked through some of the issues I've been talking about, here's what I'm getting as of right now when I run world.exe

Got signal 0
[Status] CURRENT_WORLD_VERSION: EQEMu 0.5.5
[Status] Loading variables..
Database Error: Lost connection, attempting to recover....
DB Query Error #2006: MySQL server has gone away
Error in LoadVariables query 'SELECT varname, value, unix_timestamp() FROM variables where unix_timestamp(ts) >= 0' #2006: MySQL server has gone away
[Status] Loading zones..
Error in LoadZoneNames query 'SELECT MAX(zoneidnumber) FROM zone' #2006: MySQL server has gone away
[Status] Loading items..
[Status] EMuShareMem loaded
Error in GetItemsCount query 'SELECT MAX(id),count(*) FROM items' #2006: MySQL server has gone away
Error: Database::LoadItems() (sharemem): GetItemsCount() returned -1
[Error] Error: Could not load item data. But ignoring
[Status] ./LoginServer.ini read.
[Status] Loading guild ranks..
Error in LoadGuilds query 'SELECT id, eqid, name, leader, minstatus, rank0title, rank1, rank1title, rank2, rank2title, rank3, rank3title, rank4, rank4title, rank5, rank5title from guilds' #2006: MySQL server has gone away
[Status] Loading ./addon.ini
[Status] Loading EQ time of day..
[Status] Deleted -1 stale player corpses from database
[Status] Deleted -1 stale player backups from database
Breaking bards...done
TCP listening on: 65.70.232.142:9000
World server listening on: 65.70.232.142:9000
======================
Runtime errors:

MySQL Error #2003 means you were unable to connect to the mysql server.
For more information on this error, visit http://www.eqemu.net/eqemuerror.phpid=2

Hit any key to exit

And the url it gives doesnt work. LOL I've tried that one before /cry
Anyone know what's going on with it this time? lol

Erb2k