PDA

View Full Version : linking spawns...

smuggler
04-24-2004, 03:13 PM
I'm trying to link all the mobs in an entire zone, Guards, Merchants, Guild Masters, and just straight NPCS...

Intentions:

Trying to get it so that if all the NPCs in a city are killed, it will have been 'taken' and the next time the spawn comes up (with a good time buffer for obvious reasons) the NPCs will ALL be different.

So, if you kill all the woodelves in kelethin, a ton of darkelves will spawn in their wake.

i realize this means creating two sets of NPCs for all of the towns, but I'm just having concern about the linking...

If one or two of the NPCs are killed, but not all, I want them to respawn as part of the rest of the set of NPCs (I want for the spawns NOT to switch when some of the first set of NPCs are still popped, thus preventing NPCs of opposing factions from being spawned in the same zone at the same time.)

If anyone has advice on the area, it's all more than welcome on my end. By the same token, you guys are welcome to use the idea as well, if you'd like.

Thanks

smuggler
04-24-2004, 09:13 PM
not voting for lasers is the same as voting against them. what have we become?

Gossamer
04-25-2004, 03:55 AM
Curious. What does a laser poll have to do with EQEMU?

killspree
04-25-2004, 04:25 AM
Coded something like this for Evertorn but can't remember where I added the code off the top of my head. Will check it later today and let you know.

Basically what I did was add a new column to spawn2 which linked all the spawns to that specific flag, then added a column to zones which was the flag spawn2 looked at to see what NPCs should spawn.

I originally coded this for the adventure system I set up, which set the flag based on the persons level so it spawned level appropriate NPCs, but I'll probably expand it to use it for some of the other ideas I have as well.

Really simple to implement though.

smuggler
04-25-2004, 01:04 PM
i'll give it a try and get back to you with the results, i'm sure i'll have to tinker with a it a bit...

thanks, killspree