PDA

View Full Version : 5.7 DR2

Castelle
04-25-2004, 10:25 PM
I downloaded the src from shawns link and compiled me up a linux server. All works fine for toons made with the 5.6 server, however, 5.7 it disconnects the client and doesnt finish the process, although no errors are displayed, the blob field doesnt get filled so next time you login it is deleted as a bogus toon.

MindMage
04-26-2004, 10:59 AM
Is it possible to get a compiled version of 5.7DR2? I know there is absolutely positively NO SUPPORT for it whatsoever....but the whole item drop thing is driving me insane and I guess DR2 fixes that.

MindMage

valaerosilantix
04-26-2004, 11:59 AM
I have been attempting to compile, but the zones compiling keeps getting me an error lol

client_process.cpp
C:\EQEmu\versions\5.7dr2\zone\client_process.cpp(5 017) : error C2086: 'i' : redefinition

Most likely they have yet to get teh bugs out of it to successfully compile to win32.

yea its driving me nuts to. if anyone with a bit of C++ programming can explain to me exactly what that error means and where, I can probably fix it (no offence, programming is programming is programming, language is near the same, and I can figure it all out :P)

animepimp
04-26-2004, 02:00 PM
That message means that a variable with name i is getting declared twice in the same block of code. MOst likely this is because the code is declaring a temporary variable named i inside of a loop. This is legal to do and most mdoern compilers don't have a problem with it, but some older compilers declare variables for the whole method instead of the block of code and have trouble with doing this.

m0oni9
04-26-2004, 03:33 PM
I think I looked at that particular problem before, and animepimp is right. `i' was being used as a temporary counter, and was redefined inside of a for loop...ie: for (int i = 0; i < ....).. just changing "int i" to "i" was fine, because the previous code was done using it.

valaerosilantix
04-26-2004, 03:46 PM
that helps greatly. Ill see if I can find where it is and do a custom edit

valaerosilantix
04-26-2004, 03:57 PM
found it. changed

for(int i = 0; i < 9; i++)

in the file to

for(i = 0; i < 9; i++)

and it compiled correctly :)

smogo
04-26-2004, 05:39 PM
:?:

What compiler are you using ? not sure about that, but iirc 'recommended' is gcc3.2.3. Using it the first pattern works just fine.

Are you using the makefiles ?

nm, just glad you could compile, but curious about that anyway.

valaerosilantix
04-26-2004, 10:10 PM
Running Winxp

Compiled using MS Visual Studios 6.0

animepimp
04-27-2004, 01:50 AM
Yeah that old of a version of Visual studio is probably too old to support features like block variables that new compilers allow since they declare them more dynamically.