PDA

View Full Version : Some Items being sold for Free

GreatSageCorban
04-29-2004, 04:22 AM
I just ran across a problem on my server, where it appears that my merchants are selling/buying quiet a number of item for nothing. I'm assuming this is a database problem. I've imported the following into my system.

add_factions.sql
doorupdate.sql
dumpeditems.sql
factionsList.sql
iEQ.sql
loot_update.sql
MW055_alpha1.sql
MW055_alpha_02.sql
npc_faction_update.sql
npc_types_update.sql
v-0.2 - loot_update.sql
v0.2 - npc_types_update.sql

am I missing a database that has the items priced correctly? :) thanks.

govtcheeze
04-29-2004, 04:51 AM
SELECT id, name, cost, sellrate FROM items WHERE cost=0 OR sellrate=0;

The items you are speaking of should show up in the list, and you can fix the offending value. I am not sure if there may be somewhere else to look, so this is not guarenteed to work...but is a good place to start :)

Edit: You should only change the values for items on a merchant, as I also believe these values keep some items from being sellable (quest items, etc).

GreatSageCorban
04-29-2004, 09:18 AM
Thanks govtcheese. :) You do great work with the databases and such. My goal is to have a true to EQLive server running, including quests. I'm fully aware this is going to be an on going goal, but I figure if I approach it one zone at a time it should be managable.

Any idea if importing the next version of item databases, ect. ect. will impact these changes once their made?

EDIT: Can you, or someone, explain the Cost and Sellrate id's? I noticed a good deal of the database under sellrate is at 1, nothing is at 0, and then I'd say the last 1/20th of the database it begins to increase (1.5, ect.) Cost I'm assuming is the value of an item before factoring in faction and charisma.

wize_one
04-29-2004, 02:27 PM
the error is in the dumpeditems.sql.. the packetcollector-code not doing prices right.,

smogo
04-29-2004, 10:45 PM
Also noticed lots of items price 101000, which is often wrong