PDA

View Full Version : Profile <BLOB> Question

GreatSageCorban
04-30-2004, 04:55 AM
Hey, it's me again with some more MySQL questions. :D What I'm trying to do is access the Profile. I understand this is Binary, but I was wondering if there's a way to convert it enough to grab sections. (Like skills, & what level they're at.) I'm working on a few mod idea's, and accessing these value's directly from the BLOB in some way would solve a few issue's I'm running into. (like if I were to try to get the 1H Blunt skill for characterX) Thanks. :)

EDIT: Additionally, If a characters current atk could also be pulled from somewhere, that would reduce quiet a bit of code. :)

animepimp
04-30-2004, 09:47 AM
Look at the section of the code where the blob is read from the DB and converted into readable data and loaded by the server. It should have a struct in there somewhere that says exactly what format the blob is, then you can look at the blob using a hex editor and look at the correct byes to see what everything is. Or you could write a simple cgi or something that reads it from the DB and prints it out on a web browser since the struct already exists.