PDA

View Full Version : OpenZone 3.9 and updated sample textures

Windcatcher
05-01-2004, 10:31 AM
As of 3.9, OpenZone now supports adding door meshes to your zones so you can have doors ingame. You do this by selecting File...Properties, and adding meshes from the mesh library to the list. When you export to .S3D, these meshes will be included in your zones. It's then a simple matter to add doors in the database's doors table.

Since the object name in the doors table is only 16 characters wide, you'll have to take care to keep the names of mesh objects in the library to that size or less if you want to export them in this manner.

This version also has some door meshes in the mesh library. These require that you redownload texpack2.zip from the OpenZone sample textures package. You can find them and OpenZone under the Admin Tool section in the SourceForge file download site.

I also added a splash screen, and a Help...About so you can look at it more closely :P It features a screenshot of one of my zones so you can see what's possible with OpenZone.

With this feature OpenZone is pretty much complete, and barring any bugs this will probably be the final version. Now if only some people would actually USE it...

WC

P.S. I have a version of EQEmu that supports OpenZone zones and uses a multithreaded world.exe that makes life a lot easier. Once EQEmu 0.5.7 is finalized I'll update it to match and release it along with a new version of ZoneProxy. These will probably be my final releases of those as well. I don't suppose anyone wants to step forward so I can pass the torch...

mikenune
05-01-2004, 10:33 AM
Woot!

Time to take a look!

Shadow-Wolf
05-01-2004, 05:43 PM
w00t! aww man wind the worst thing happend to me =/ my windows ver fuked and i have to reformat so i lost the vid i was making..and i lost the zoens i was working on, i also lost 3dsmax so no more custom meshes for me =/.