PDA

View Full Version : Request for info on if following issues are server problems

wdrng123
05-03-2004, 06:36 AM
I was just hoping if someone would be able to tell me if the following issues are server side programming problems, or if they're db issues. I'm using 0.5.7 DR2 server files, which I know are unsupported, but if somebody could tell me which issue they are I could try to fix the database problems and wait for the next release for the others.

My db is sourced with:

TCMyWorld's databases (Alpha 1 and 2)
doorupdate-03-15-04
Dumpeditems Dec 7 2003
Govtcheeze Lootdrop
Govtcheeze Faction Update

I downloaded the most recent files I could find as of Apr 26 2004 except for the 0.5.7 DR2 server source. For that I downloaded the May 1 2004 version.

The problems I came across (and what I think they're related to) are as follows:

- Training is not working. I right-click on a trainer and I get the comments about 'nice to see you again', 'keep working on your skills', etc.. but no training interface pops up - Just found forum post - 5.7 DR2 server issue.
- No starting items (I think this is a db issue, but I can't find a file to source the info from)
- Characters I make under my regular login (rick) appear under my server op account (eqemu). I checked with EQAdmin and the account id for all the characters I created is set to 1 (the eqemu account)
- Went into my inventory after looting a decaying skel and my backpack and everything in it had disappeared (I have more info on what I was doing if anybody wants it for troubleshooting)
- no quests - Fixed!! had to recompile the DR2 source with perl enabled. Thanks to samandhi's One stop error guide for this one.
- Spawn waypoint do not seem to be working. After exiting EQ my Zone.exe had filled up with waypoint load errors - Fixed!! Thanks to paleequinox for stepping me throught it!.
- Ran into some flying (swimming in the air?) NPC's. 1 in qyenos N and one in Surefall - found this one in the forums, seems to be a db issue.
- Start points don't seem to be correct. Half-elf ranger and human druid starting in Qyenos N instead of Surefall (I think this is a db issue, but not sure)
- Tracking skill and sense heading are increasing even though they're not being selected to use
- Tracking also increases beyond the level limit - My 3rd level ranger had a tracking skill of 152! :shock: The only way tracking stops once I've used it once is to zone - addon - Forage seems to go higher then the level limit as well.
- Most monster's don't aggro when approaching. I though this may have been related to account settings (server op), but then I discovered decaying skel's and rabid wolves would attack and chase me down when I got too close (could this be a db faction issue then?)
- Issue with items and AC? Most of the leather I put on would raise my AC by 3 or 4 points each more then their AC said (i.e. reinforced leather gloves say AC 6, but would raise my AC by 9 - is this related to the defense skill?)
- When I tried to pick up a no-drop lore item I already had (decaying skull) It told me I already had it and then closed the loot and inventory windows. But after that I couldn't do ANY action that required left or right clicking (except moving) - maybe targeting became messed up? - ed. This also happened when I used the bind wounds skill.
- NPC's don't buff you when you're nearby now (I'm not sure - is this a bug or a fix? :lol: )
- Zoning underwater seems to cause you to run out of breath when you enter the new zone (happened going into the qyenos catacombs)

Sorry this is so long :oops: but so far I've only been able to find bits of info for these issues, never a complete answer. If anybody could answer (or tell me if I posted in the wrong forum :wink: ) it would be much appreciated. I'll keep surfing the forums and edit this if I find any answers.

Thanx :D

vrated
06-13-2004, 08:59 PM
How about factions? Do most mobs con AMIABLE?

wize_one
06-13-2004, 10:06 PM
simple way would be upgrade to 57dr4 and get the newer database.

cvs.biosprite.net www.projecteq.net