PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a pathing designer type tool?

Swampdog
05-20-2004, 06:51 PM
Hey gang.. I'm looking for any type of pathing designer type tool that lets you visually create the roam/guard paths of mobs. It would be like Christmas if someone had one that could run in game like a map-overlay where we could adjust for LOS and then update the database tables with the waypoints. I know, I don't ask for much.. I just want it all... heheh :P

Actually though, any graphically driven waypoint/pathing editor would rock if anyone is using one... :D

KhaN
05-21-2004, 12:21 PM
I THINK EQAdmin does this ...

Swampdog
05-21-2004, 12:53 PM
Thanks Khan.. I'll download it and check it out. I think thats probably one of the only downloads I hadn't picked up yet. From the description, I thought I had all of its functionallities in newer utilities. :P

Richardo
05-30-2004, 08:50 AM
Its easier in game, heres how you do it...

#grid add 2000 0 0

walk to the points you want to set where your NPC walks...

first point type

#wp add 2000 0 1

next,..

#wp add 2000 0 2

and so on

#wp add 2000 0 3

With this grid, your target will walk to each #WP you create, also you can only have 50 #WP's and when the mob finally gets to your last grid, then walk back to where you set the first #WP which means Way Point.

So, say I go to freeport, make the grid, set a guard to walk to the pok book, when he walks back, he will walk through walls so its best you make it when he walks back he is in clear sight of his original way point so he does'nt walk through walls, objects, ect.

After you are done creating the way points, target your NPC and type #gassign 2000, sometimes it says ERROR: Duplicate Spawns Detected, Spawn2, or something like that. I have no idea how to fix that unfortunately, I have checked my DB for duplicate spawns in DB with same ID numbers and I fail to find 2 of the same on any mobs. Or even mobs with the same names, such as.. a_snake00 and another a_snake00... *It can also help you out if you clear all of the grids from your database in mysql*

use eq;

then..

delete from grids;

(That should clear all the old grids out of your database)
<No it will not delete the table from your database, grids will still be there>

(NOTE: NEVER MAKE 2 GRIDS WITH THE SAME NUMBER, if you want another mob with a different pathing, make it 2001, or something, does'nt matter just dont connect the same grids on top of each other and remember that making too many mobs with pathing in one zone can lag your server tremendously...)

-Hope it helps,
Rich

Swampdog
05-30-2004, 10:17 AM
Thanks Richardo.. Sounds like a good easy guide on doing it. I was looking for the "lazy designers" method where it is point and click but the way you have it written out, makes it sound a lot simpler.. :P

At the time I posted the original post, I was working on building my own world from scratch and doing all the parts so as much things to make it easier the better. Since then I started working with EQA where I'm basically focusing my efforts on quest creation so a lot of the zone population is being taken care of by others. Will be useful for my quest NPCs though! Thanks!