PDA

View Full Version : Official Item Editor 2.0 Feature Request

mangoo
05-27-2004, 05:11 PM
Ok, as many of you already know, I am in the works of Item Editor 2.0. This version will be compatible with the newest item db that LE has brought forth and is being made from the ground up. What this means is this is a great time for everyone to request some new features of the item editor. I'm VERY excited by this release! I have some plans for this release and it's already looking great. Expect a BETA version to be released in the next few days. It won't have much in it though, just putting it out there so you all can start editing. It will only be able to load, edit, save to db, and delete items.

Check out a screenshot of the new version while loading items: HERE (http://emu.fliphost.net/files/loading.jpg)

Thank you all for your support! :D

Yeormom
05-27-2004, 05:14 PM
-Sort by type based on type id from database using labels rather than actual type number.
-To get fancy, if weapon, sort by ratio option as well.
-Update button (if create item doesn't already do that).
-Reset button.
-16-bit icon for teh win.

ndnet
05-27-2004, 05:29 PM
When previewing an item's stat window, it would be nice if one were able to set a level from which the item would be viewed, for example, to give the creator an idea of the item's stats for characters under the recommended level of an item.

Also, as it stands, it seems the items are listed to the left, in their entirety. It would be rather neat if one were able to filter that list based on various values, such as being able to view only containers, or only chest armor pieces, or only items with mana regeneration greater than 3, etc. I understand it'd be reasonably bare-bones at first, setting it up to filter by everything would be a lot of work, I'd imagine, but at least some basic fields shouldn't be too bad.

mangoo
05-27-2004, 05:40 PM
-Sort by type based on type id from database using labels rather than actual type number.
-To get fancy, if weapon, sort by ratio option as well.
-Update button (if create item doesn't already do that).
-Reset button.
-16-bit icon for teh win.

-On the sorting by type, I like how ndnet expanded on it by doing filters, I think I will go that way.
-Update button, I'm guessing you'd like a save button instead of just having save in the menu. Guess auto-saving and menu options weren't enough :D .
-Reset button, resets current item to database version? I like it, especially while editing with auto-save turned on.
-hehe cloud icon > all

mangoo
05-27-2004, 05:44 PM
When previewing an item's stat window, it would be nice if one were able to set a level from which the item would be viewed, for example, to give the creator an idea of the item's stats for characters under the recommended level of an item.

Also, as it stands, it seems the items are listed to the left, in their entirety. It would be rather neat if one were able to filter that list based on various values, such as being able to view only containers, or only chest armor pieces, or only items with mana regeneration greater than 3, etc. I understand it'd be reasonably bare-bones at first, setting it up to filter by everything would be a lot of work, I'd imagine, but at least some basic fields shouldn't be too bad.

-Item preview will be expanded on greatly on this version. It wasn't a priority in 1.x but I plan on getting as much as possible on it this time around, including stat curves by rec. level.

-Filtering, like I said in the above post, I like the idea. I think ill have a filter menu that will contain: Container; Book; Chest; Legs, etc. And I will work on a Custom option for sorting by other fields.

Richardo
05-28-2004, 07:39 AM
I LOVE YOU MANGOO! Good work man, I have been waiting for this :D

KhaN
05-28-2004, 07:45 AM
It would be nice to see what 3D graphic you can assign to your item, actually, its only a number .
This new version look awesome /drool

mangoo
05-28-2004, 08:42 AM
It would be nice to see what 3D graphic you can assign to your item, actually, its only a number .
This new version look awesome /drool

Implementing Kaiyodo's Model Viewer into the item editor was always a goal of mine. In 1.x i was able to get it to the point where it would load everything up, but wouldn't display the models :( . Was hoping to get it in this version, but with SoE's DirectX9 change, gequip.s3d doesn't even load in Kaiyodo's viewer. I know there's 2-8 and the loy/ldon/god equip files that still load fine, but I'm still going to look towards an alternate. Don't expect this at 2.0 release :( .

KhaN
05-28-2004, 09:36 AM
3D model would be cool, but a simple image showing the weapon in 3D view would be nice to start :p

But dont make it if that make item editor released later ... i need it bad :/

Richardo
05-28-2004, 11:12 AM
Likewise, I hate useing MysqlCC for item creation. I am struggling without your editor hehe...

mangoo
05-28-2004, 11:15 AM
Likewise, I hate useing MysqlCC for item creation. I am struggling without your editor hehe...

I'm working on it, I'm working on it. :D

Richardo
05-28-2004, 12:00 PM
I would like to also add...

For better modifications, add where you can select a required guild for the item, for instants...

Say im in a guild <Poopy>, is it possible to add where you have to be in a certain guild number to equip this item, I understand it would take some source changes but is it possible to make a item required for a certain guild ID or you cant equip?

KhaN
05-28-2004, 12:44 PM
Add "Item'o'Matic" function button ... to random generate items ... sometimes im out of ideas :/

sandy
05-28-2004, 12:51 PM
drag and drop to copy items or fields
item icons too would be nice, if you want take the icons from my looteditor
=)

Richardo
05-28-2004, 01:31 PM
Here's my list of suggestions (not demands):

> Guild ID Requirement for Item(s) -IE: You have to be in a certain guild (or have a certain guild ID tagged on you) to equip this item. If possible, I do understand you might have to add a table in DB and add a few things in source but would be cool to see this put into availability.

> Drag and Drop Item(s) Copy

> (Sandy's Idea) Item List Icon(s)

> Self Destruction Mode that deletes all your item from database but you have to type in mysql password/login ect and verify that you want to do this atlease twice. Some people dont know how to use mysql.
(PS: I do, just for the sake of others)

> Availability to set LDoN Point Cost for different types of points such is Miragul and Guk.

Thank you,
Mangoo

mangoo
05-28-2004, 07:16 PM
Add "Item'o'Matic" function button ... to random generate items ... sometimes im out of ideas :/

Haha wasn't that a good time in IRC? But probably not gonna happen. :cry:

drag and drop to copy items or fields
item icons too would be nice, if you want take the icons from my looteditor
=)

Not drag and drop, but you can copy/paste items (see 1.x). Item icons have a dialog box that loads item icons (see 1.x), unless you are talking about in the listbox also, which that would be a most likely no.

:D

Here's my list of suggestions (not demands):

> Guild ID Requirement for Item(s) -IE: You have to be in a certain guild (or have a certain guild ID tagged on you) to equip this item. If possible, I do understand you might have to add a table in DB and add a few things in source but would be cool to see this put into availability.

> Drag and Drop Item(s) Copy

> (Sandy's Idea) Item List Icon(s)

> Self Destruction Mode that deletes all your item from database but you have to type in mysql password/login ect and verify that you want to do this atlease twice. Some people dont know how to use mysql.
(PS: I do, just for the sake of others)

> Availability to set LDoN Point Cost for different types of points such is Miragul and Guk.

Thank you,
Mangoo

-Guild IDs, would have to run that by the devs. If they like it, I have no problem with it.

-See above.

-See above.

-Consider it done.

-Think you can only set 1 price for 1 ldon type. Correct me if I'm wrong.

sandy
05-29-2004, 04:46 AM
drag and drop is really more intuitive
combine a search window that displays items and your principal window and drag and drop and it will be easier to copy items, with copy and paste it is a pain
=(

Richardo
05-29-2004, 09:27 AM
Awesome Mangoo, great job on your progress man :)

ryder911
05-29-2004, 12:29 PM
Icons displayed in window when you choose them, Sometimes when I choose a icon for item, I click wrong one and dont notice until after I reboot server, then have to go back and fix it.

Great Work Mangoo!

mangoo
05-29-2004, 05:21 PM
Icons displayed in window when you choose them, Sometimes when I choose a icon for item, I click wrong one and dont notice until after I reboot server, then have to go back and fix it.

Great Work Mangoo!

Consider it done.

Tangeleno
06-01-2004, 07:29 PM
Is it too late to make a request?

I would like to be able to edit the names of the items in the list.
An example:
MS Excel (Been usin it alot so it's the first thing that came to mind.)
You can double click on a cell and type, instead of having to go up to the formula bar. Might only save a couple of seconds but they add up when making new sets of items for each class.

And a replace function if at all possible. Would be nice to not have to type in "Helm" "Gauntlets" ect ect a bunch of times.

Awsome work Mangoo!

Dspirit
06-02-2004, 08:49 AM
This might have been an isolated bug in the last editor but if you deleted items that were part of a vendor list.(for me anyway) it then bugged the merchant set. so basically when a player tried to SELL items to that vendor it seemed to freeze the L mouse button or locked it some how. what i mean is you could no longer L click things like i said not sure if it was an isolated thing or not just thought i'd mention it before release incase its easily reproducable.

Liscadipesce
06-02-2004, 11:17 AM
If you delete an item from the DB and from a vendor list, its your responsibility to delete it from the merchant list, not the item editors...

devn00b
06-02-2004, 11:29 AM
sounds like what happens when you have :
item 1: Cloth shirt
item 2: Cloth mantle
item 3: Devn00b's Ban Stick

if you delete item 2 and dont re order the list it can cause some problems.

mangoo
06-02-2004, 04:31 PM
Is it too late to make a request?

I would like to be able to edit the names of the items in the list.
An example:
MS Excel (Been usin it alot so it's the first thing that came to mind.)
You can double click on a cell and type, instead of having to go up to the formula bar. Might only save a couple of seconds but they add up when making new sets of items for each class.

And a replace function if at all possible. Would be nice to not have to type in "Helm" "Gauntlets" ect ect a bunch of times.

Awsome work Mangoo!

I'll see what I can do :D .

sanock42
06-02-2004, 04:53 PM
Not sure if it's too late for this or if it's too much work, but how about a mode where it doesn't need to connect to a DB at all, but just exports .sql files? A Direct-to-SQL file mode would help a lot with enlisted help, since mySQL can be a hassle sometimes. It's not really necessary, just one of my pipe dreams.
Amazing work on the editor, Mangoo. I don't know what I'd do without it. It's a lifesaver!

mangoo
06-02-2004, 05:20 PM
1.x has saving to .sql and 2.x will also. On a further note, I'm going to add a new file format for 2.x :D .

mangoo
06-02-2004, 05:23 PM
This might have been an isolated bug in the last editor but if you deleted items that were part of a vendor list.(for me anyway) it then bugged the merchant set. so basically when a player tried to SELL items to that vendor it seemed to freeze the L mouse button or locked it some how. what i mean is you could no longer L click things like i said not sure if it was an isolated thing or not just thought i'd mention it before release incase its easily reproducable.

I'll see what I can do on this issue. If not make it so it fixes the merchantlist to not include the said deleted item and reorder the list. Then at least a warning that the user is about to delete and item that is apart of a merchantlist. Thanks for finding this, should save some people a few headaches.

sanock42
06-03-2004, 01:42 AM
1.x has saving to .sql and 2.x will also. On a further note, I'm going to add a new file format for 2.x :D .

Oh, I know it does, and I use it all the time. I was just wondering if 2.0 could get that without needing to connect to a DB at all, thus eliminating the need for a mysql database on said computer.
As I said, it's just a little perk that isn't really necessary. Would just be nice so staff could make items without going through the hassle of installing mysql (which many do, especially if they have dialup to download it with.)
Keep up the good work. :)

Dspirit
06-03-2004, 02:53 AM
thanks your awesome mangoo. even a simple warning saying your deleting an item from merchant list xxxx would be great that way we don't gotta search through all the merchant lists to figure out which one was effected. other then that i thing its great already so i'm sure the new version will only be better.

mangoo
06-03-2004, 06:49 AM
Oh, I know it does, and I use it all the time. I was just wondering if 2.0 could get that without needing to connect to a DB at all, thus eliminating the need for a mysql database on said computer.
As I said, it's just a little perk that isn't really necessary. Would just be nice so staff could make items without going through the hassle of installing mysql (which many do, especially if they have dialup to download it with.)
Keep up the good work. :)

Ohh, so you mean like an offline mode? So they can just use the fill out all the fields and save whatever is there to a .sql? Good idea :D .

sanock42
06-04-2004, 03:06 PM
Yeah, Mangoo. Offline mode, that's what I was trying to say. :D
Thanks, I'm going to love you forever for it. 8) 8) 8)

Oh, one more thing about this offline mode. If it could allow you to do multiple items and append them to a sql as you do them, that would be great. In fact, if the save to sql function would have the option append to an existing file, that would save me a lot of time combining them into one file. When you have 40 item changes that aren't close to one another (so you have to do singles of each one), it gets a little tedious.

<3 Mangoo and his Editor! :D

mangoo
06-04-2004, 03:39 PM
Yeah, Mangoo. Offline mode, that's what I was trying to say. :D
Thanks, I'm going to love you forever for it. 8) 8) 8)

Oh, one more thing about this offline mode. If it could allow you to do multiple items and append them to a sql as you do them, that would be great. In fact, if the save to sql function would have the option append to an existing file, that would save me a lot of time combining them into one file. When you have 40 item changes that aren't close to one another (so you have to do singles of each one), it gets a little tedious.

<3 Mangoo and his Editor! :D

OH GEEZ! I'll try man, if not by 2.0 Release then hopefully by 2.1.

sanock42
06-04-2004, 05:42 PM
Hehe, no rush. I have a crappy text merger for now that does the job, evne though I have to go through and edit the sql. Don't have to hurry it, you're doing a great job already. (Yes, I am saying it a lot, but I know how much *I* like to hear I'm doing a good job) :D

Wiz
06-04-2004, 07:11 PM
One feature request:

Instant C&P. It would be nice to pick a item, hit a button, and it instantly creates a new, identic item (Could name it Copy of <name> though) in the lowest free ID from 1000+. Would save time making those new items and then painstakingly C&Ping similar items when for example, making a new suit of platemail

mangoo
06-05-2004, 02:04 PM
One feature request:

Instant C&P. It would be nice to pick a item, hit a button, and it instantly creates a new, identic item (Could name it Copy of <name> though) in the lowest free ID from 1000+. Would save time making those new items and then painstakingly C&Ping similar items when for example, making a new suit of platemail

Sounds good to me.

Virus11
06-05-2004, 03:52 PM
Nice idea! That would make things so much easier.

Muuss
06-14-2004, 11:51 PM
Another idea, perhaps to late for this release :)
Item usage : Create a summary of the spawns that have the item in their drop or merchant lists.
Could allow to eliminate useless items...

KhaN
06-15-2004, 07:50 AM
Im french, all know we are lazy, so i will just copy/paste IRC :p
<KhaN> i cant wait till beta3, i have like 3000 more spell scrolls to add
<mangoo> lol
<KhaN> i was thiking to get a chinese worker to do the grunt job 'Click, attrib spellnumber to spell, save, click, ...."
<mangoo> i could post a beta3 right now.... its just short of preview, search, ITM saving
<mangoo> and some user requests
<Virus> mangoo.. please do
<ndnet> Be kinda neat to parse the spell file and have a feature "create scroll" :o
<Virus> i need to get these items in my database
*** Signoff: Fajo (Quit: )
<mangoo> ndnet: post in feature request so i dont forget
<ndnet> I'll forget to post there :o
<mangoo> then do it NOW
<KhaN> hmmm
<ndnet> you post it, khan ~.~
<KhaN> Nice idea, posting

Muuss
06-15-2004, 06:45 PM
Im french, all know we are lazy

lol Khan, you suck, branleur !
:)

KhaN
06-16-2004, 05:27 PM
What about adding an option that the item editor remember the item you were using last time you closed item editor ?