PDA

View Full Version : Making Ports Using Doors or Zone Lines?

keabler
06-02-2004, 08:24 PM
I was wondering if there is a way to put ports in Load2 zone? I noticed it does not have any door textures so I cannot use doors I dont think. I tried to put doors in but nothing came up soo.

Ports would jump from one area to next kinda like airplane...

Let me know what you guys would do :)

Thanks
-Keabler

animepimp
06-03-2004, 12:47 AM
Its probably possible to do, but one easy thing you could do wold jsut be to turn everyones fly mode on when they zone in. Then they could fly to any of the areas.

x-scythe
06-04-2004, 10:19 AM
Its probably possible to do, but one easy thing you could do wold jsut be to turn everyones fly mode on when they zone in. Then they could fly to any of the areas.
one reason he might now want the flymode is that he may want it to be like you have to complete a certain task then you can move on to the next area...like EqLive Plane of Air. Gotta kill all the monsters then you get a key or somethin and can move on to the next island

keabler
06-05-2004, 04:49 AM
Well I found it is a lot easier to just program a perl npc quest to do it.

Thanks
-Keabler

Flame_storm
06-10-2004, 07:57 AM
This can be done, just make a zone line, and have it ZONE into the same zone, but the selected Coords, like casting Gate Gfay, while in Gfay, it zone zone you, it will teleport you the the coords in the zone.

So, like, if i edit the crushbone zone, to zone into crushbone, it wont zone, it will teleport.

But test this several times, and tweak it slightly.

Also, when useing the coords, use them exactly, if its 105.78
add the .78 to it, cuz in tight spaces its a pain in the ass if you 1/8th off

Kode Black
07-07-2004, 02:27 PM
I figure I could prolly add an entry into the sql db to create a NEW zone line, but I am not sure of its effect in game. How does one place a working zoneline?
For example if I create a new entry on the zone_points table and fill in all the collumns, I theoretically have a new zone, but how does this effect in game if I select my zone loc as 55 70 5? Will the character simply zone within a certian proximity of that zone, or is this something that either needs to be done through 3rd party software or through editing the source?

animepimp
07-07-2004, 03:49 PM
If you make a zone point in the Db the server will check when someone gets close enough and trigger it once they get in the area for it. I have no idea how big the default area is, its not actually a zone line, more of a zone point with a circle around it. That is the only change that needs to be made, once someone walks there they will zone.