PDA

View Full Version : BETA2: Item Editor 2.0

mangoo
06-06-2004, 12:04 PM
Ok here it is folks, Beta 2 release of Item Editor 2.0. I feel this is of release quality but just not a finished product yet :D .

Download: here (http://emu.fliphost.net/files/Editor20Beta2.zip)

What's been done since Beta 1:
- Rewrote all the functions that vanished at release of Beta1
- Reverted back to load of "items" table instead of "items_new" of Beta1
- Fixed Item Editor wanting to save even when no changes have happened
- Added an Icon display on main dialog
- Added in Faction and Spell loading and reloading
- Added Color Selection
- Added Icon Selection
- Fixed clearing of items
- Added Backup DB
- Added Delete Entire DB
- Added Load SQL
- Minor Bug Fixes

Tangeleno
06-06-2004, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the awsome work mangoo! One quick question however. How does the model section acctually work? Never has worked for me with past versions and have no clue why.

mangoo
06-06-2004, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the awsome work mangoo! One quick question however. How does the model section acctually work? Never has worked for me with past versions and have no clue why.

Model selection was never enabled in 1.x because I was never able to get Kaiyodo's Model Viewer working in the project. Haven't decided what approach I'm going to use in 2.x.

Tangeleno
06-06-2004, 12:25 PM
Ahh I see. Thanks for the quick responce :) Items don't seem to be saving don't know if it's an issue on my end or not however.

**Edit**
Seems to be on my part ignore

Richardo
06-06-2004, 01:04 PM
Aye, items arn't saving for me neither...

mangoo
06-06-2004, 01:06 PM
If your items are not saving, then you need to update your database.

Cripp
06-06-2004, 02:42 PM
yessssss thank you mangoo i fuckin love you, been waitin for this for a while 8)

EDIT: hmmm havin some troubles...

1. wont let me create new items
2. not saving (like other peeps, prolly a problem on my side, duno tho) updated item changes too.

EDIT: ahh ok got it workin :D thanks a bunch man

Dspirit
06-06-2004, 06:10 PM
Same here can't create or save. using the MW_057DR2_alpha_1 with itemtablechanges then i saw you mention update so i downloaded the latest dumpeditem.sql and made a seperate DB for it. bad news there all items have no values when i did that good thing i made a second db :shock:

also tried the backup db option it freezes for a second and then closes its self and the .sql it makes is 0 bytes.

mangoo
06-06-2004, 06:45 PM
If your items database structure doesn't look like this one: http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14897 .(rename to "items") ... then 2.0 probably won't function properly.

mlan
06-07-2004, 03:29 PM
noticed a problem with hp mana and endurance not going over 127, looks like the variable to hold the value of those are to small

mangoo
06-07-2004, 04:07 PM
Ya I went through that part quickly and didn't fix it. The 127 limit should have just been on STR, STA, AGI, etc etc. Will be fixed at release.

Richardo
06-07-2004, 08:04 PM
btw, my item database is up to date and it still wont save hehe

Swampdog
06-08-2004, 02:25 AM
btw, my item database is up to date and it still wont save hehe

Same here.. Also, the buttons in the lower right are so small they are unreadable using 1024x768 screen res.

Looks great other than those two things.. Keep up the awesome work! :P

Cripp
06-08-2004, 05:31 AM
found a small bug with the augment properties..

if i put a value in any of the 'slot' fields, after i save it reloads the value in the next field..

example..
say i put 3 for slot 1. Save it. Reload it, then it says 3 in slot 2.

the same thing goes with 'type'

example..
put 1 in type. save it. reload, says 1 in slot 1.

the only thing that works correctly in that part is restriction.

other then that it works great! except whever i try to change the name it crashes, or when i make new items it crashes too, but the items still get created so its all good. Just gotta change name in mysql front np :D

ill let you know if i find anything else.

mangoo
06-08-2004, 06:50 AM
If it's still not saving I don't know what to tell you guys. 1024x768 and those buttons are too small? I made it in 1280x1024 /shrug. Thanks for the find Cripp, I'll look into it today...not sure on the crash though.

mangoo
06-08-2004, 07:06 AM
found a small bug with the augment properties..

if i put a value in any of the 'slot' fields, after i save it reloads the value in the next field..

example..
say i put 3 for slot 1. Save it. Reload it, then it says 3 in slot 2.

the same thing goes with 'type'

example..
put 1 in type. save it. reload, says 1 in slot 1.

the only thing that works correctly in that part is restriction.

Turns out for some reason augtype was listed before the augslots in both my query and controllist, so when it saved it was saving to the wrong slots there. Thanks again for the find Cripp.

Liscadipesce
06-08-2004, 08:37 AM
To save you the trouble mangoo, I was able to replicate the augment bug. Put a number into Augment Slot 1, save item, reload item, moves to Slot 2. If you put another number in Slot 1, the number that was moved to Slot 2, moves to Slot 3, and the number that was in Slot 1, moved to slot 2.

Also, to the name bug. It takes a little while to change name. I thought I crashed also, but I let it sit, and it refreshed itself and name was changed.

Edit: Missed your last post mangoo

Dspirit
06-08-2004, 09:02 AM
a little problem i'm having or maybe you didn't add this yet. if i add values to say a piece of armor for HP/mana/resists/stats none of it shows on the item ingame only the AC value shows. before you say i made the item wrong. i copied a pre exsisting item(wrote every field name/num down on paper) and made a new item different name of course and entered those values and same thing nothing shows as far as hp/mana/stats/resists/spell effects. any idea's?

mangoo
06-08-2004, 11:41 AM
a little problem i'm having or maybe you didn't add this yet. if i add values to say a piece of armor for HP/mana/resists/stats none of it shows on the item ingame only the AC value shows. before you say i made the item wrong. i copied a pre exsisting item(wrote every field name/num down on paper) and made a new item different name of course and entered those values and same thing nothing shows as far as hp/mana/stats/resists/spell effects. any idea's?

This sounds like an emulator problem, I could be wrong though.

Dspirit
06-08-2004, 02:29 PM
Can't find a pattern to it some items work fine after creation others just don't show the stats its suppose to add. i'll keep looking to see if i can find a key difference but so far i don't see any.

here is an example of a working item i created today.

Sure Fall Glade Defiler values that i didn't touch.
NoDrop
weight 100
size 2
color 1652307
armor class 20
hitpoints 30
mana 30
all stats 5
all resists 1
equipslot 8192
classes 34065
races 32767
damage 25
delay 20
spell id: 32
procrate 15
combat effects 1
item type 0

That item works fine now this next one doesn't

Sure Fall Glade Defender
NoDrop
weight 100
size 2
color 9417686
armor/hp&mana/stats/resists same as above weapon.
item type 0
classes 49647
races 32767
damage 25
delay 20
spell id 12
procrate 30

and this one doesn't display the proc no i'll show stats for a piece of armor that doesn't show any stats at all except slot,weight,size,races,classes those show but nothing else

Young Sire Beginners Shirt
weight 50
size 2
cost 1
sell rate 1
bazaar price 34
material 3
armor class 8
hp/mana 2
stats 2
resists 2
item type 10
classes all
races all

thats it and like when clicking info on this item all i see is

Slot: Chest
WT:5.0 Size:MEDIUM
Class:ALL
Race:ALL

any idea's on this is welcome i've tried the following.
Setting a color and unsetting color.
Setting a Tribute and unsetting Tribute.
Setting a material and unsetting Material.
Setting Magic item and unsetting Magic item.
Setting NoDrop and unsetting NoDrop.

As far as the error being 100% everytime its only on armor weapons is hit or miss as above you can see that 1 worked fine the next did not.

Cripp
06-09-2004, 03:06 PM
im havin same problem as this guy.. ill make an item, saves correctly and everything in db. load up eq summon it and no stats except race/class/slots/rec. level/req. level show up

duno if its item editor problem or eqeqmu problem. :(
seems like an eqemu problem to me
...but some items are working..?

Dspirit
06-09-2004, 03:45 PM
Yeah cripp some items work some don't. The ones that do work seem to be Weapons(depending on what stats you add to it) armor doesn't seem to work at all. I'm not sure if its an Eqemu problem because it reads other items just Fine that use the same table layout Mangoo is it possible the editor is missing a Field compared to the table layout? hehe thats probably just wishful thinking on my part. Anyway i'm sure someone will figure this problem out.

Dspirit
06-09-2004, 03:50 PM
If i save an old custom item(from diff db) to .sql and then import it to that Item table from the like Mangoo posted earlier it becomes effected by this bug also. hmm think im gonna open mysql cc and see what differences there are on working items and on working.

Dspirit
06-09-2004, 04:00 PM
Ok here is something i found please respond with your thought's mangoo. it seems the item editor or eqemu are entering values by themselfs in the unknown fields here is an example below.

-1073741515 <--- entered in almost EVERY unknown field and some of the unknown fields have some REALLY funky characters entered like the one below.

8W|

mangoo
06-09-2004, 04:52 PM
I DIDN'T DO IT! /hides

Cripp
06-09-2004, 05:20 PM
OMG IDF DXIDKFSDLF I FIXED IT YES YES
Dfdsfa
ga
dfh
dfa
jdaf
jad
fj
df
ire
i
4q59
o5w
k ill tell you how now..
i put everything in the...
unknown123 collumn to -1
then unknown124-133 i deleted everything.
and it worked! :P :P :P :P :D :D :D :D :D :shock: :shock:

EDIT: oh yea.. unknown007-022 are all 0 too. everything below that i kept

mangoo
06-09-2004, 05:54 PM
Well what happened is I ran out of estate to put the Unknowns on. So I made a class to hold the Unknown data in so it is suppose to save the values it loaded. I'll look into it tomorrow.

mangoo
06-10-2004, 12:15 PM
[quote=Dspirit]Ok here is something i found please respond with your thought's mangoo. it seems the item editor or eqemu are entering values by themselfs in the unknown fields here is an example below.

-1073741515 <--- entered in almost EVERY unknown field and some of the unknown fields have some REALLY funky characters entered like the one below.

8W|

stclairguy
06-12-2004, 12:45 PM
Having the same issues as the others above. Not saving at all, nor allowing me to create. Also have an updated DB....