PDA

View Full Version : Mob AC DB Update

monalin crusader
06-10-2004, 07:48 AM
For those of you who dont like ac=0 for all mobs i made my own .sql file to help you guys out. It takes awhile to source but its worth it.

NOTE: This has not been tested yet it runs fine in the DB but havent tested it in world yet.

USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK

BACKUP YOUR DB FIRST

I've got my own formula set up atm but i also included the source code i used to make it in a different file so feel free to tweak around with it a bit if you dont like the number.

I've got it grouped where Plate has highest ac, then Chain, then Leather, then casters. The numbers i started with are based on the AC of A warror i made in game and checked out his ac.

Source:
http://www.newhorizon.eqemulator.net/mysql_ac.txt

SQL File:
http://www.newhorizon.eqemulator.net/acupdate.sql

Right click the links and click "save target as"

And if you dont know how to make it work from there dont ask please only ask questions if theres an error in what i did or if somethin needs to be changed to better effect the game and make it more like EQ live.

govtcheeze
06-10-2004, 08:07 AM
Good stuff.

Any idea how close to Live these numbers are (from collected data, if it exists there) or another source?

monalin crusader
06-10-2004, 08:14 AM
I have no idea these are completely based on how much each class in game incrimented ac with their max stills in defence ect set for their level. I wouldnt not know how close it is till someone gets on and tests it hehe =P.

animepimp
06-10-2004, 01:38 PM
Theres no way at all to tell how close this is to live since the AC for mobs is stored on Sony's servers and never gets sent to the clients at all. And we also can't even figure the AC out based on how much damage we do to a mob on live because no one has been able to figure out Sony's AC code. The code we have is a random guess that seems to work decently.

sandy
06-10-2004, 01:44 PM
all i know is that certain npcs have high ac, and it is not related to their class or anything else, I think it is just a value sony tweaked to improve some encounters

in general, luclin monsters have higher ac than velious monsters, some boss are insanely protected by their ac making warrior ogres with big 2H fighting like girls =)

that's all I know =)

monalin crusader
06-10-2004, 01:48 PM
Well mine is purely random i know about all the Luclin mobs/ bosses having more hp than normal but that would have to be done individualy. If anyone wants to do that go ahead but atleast having some ac based on class and level is a start better than having a level 65 mob have 0 ac and getting hit for full damage almost everytime.

Xabob
07-18-2004, 04:52 PM
*bump*