PDA

View Full Version : Need help with server creation problem...

Sladdaya
07-04-2004, 10:51 PM
OK, I've searched the forums and have not seen this problem documented anywhere...I may have missed it, so I apologize if this is a redundent post.

Here's my problem... After World.exe finishes, and the boot5zones.bat finishes and all zones are in sleep mode, I attempt to log in. I get to the server list, and my server is listed, and looks like it's working just fine, 5.7 DR6 and all. However, when I select my server and try to log in, all the buttons black out, and after a few moments, I get kicked back to log in screen. I've checked all my ini files for spaces or typos or anything wrong with them, and they all seem fine. I've redone everything 3 times, with no change in what happens. I only get the standard errors from World and Boot5zones.

I've spent hours searching the forums for an answer, and I've looked at every file I even saw MENTIONED in threads about login problems, and I cannot find the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if I need to post any of my files on here, just let me know. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: When I posted this, I did not notice the post by Ettiave about a similar problem. I'm not sure if the fix offered for his problem would work for mine since I am not running on a LAN, but I did attempt tracert ExternalIP and it came back that it could not resolve it. Therefore, before I spend money on registering, I'd like to find out if there are any other possible solutions.

Enoex
07-05-2004, 09:31 AM
Yes there are. Many routers have a problem like what you are having. First, make sure you can connect to other DR6 servers. If you can, try to set up correct open ports (if you aren't sure, just set the DMZ host up) through your router. If you are using Windows XP be sure to turn off the default firewall. Check to see if other people can get on your server (go to the irc chatroom and just ask someone, you should be able to find a tester). If they can, then its something with your router. Open up loginserver.ini and boot5zones.bat (edit the boot5zones) and set all the IPs that you see to 127.0.0.1. You should be able to log in this way. This way you will be able to log in by yourself but nobody else can. Not sure of a real fix for this. It is possible to have othe rpeople on your server though this way, all you need to do is open loginserver.ini and boot5zones.bat and edit the world ip address in loginserver.exe to your extrenal IP, and in boot5zones set a couple of the zones to external IP...this way, people can be on your server the same time you are, but they can't be in the same zone.