PDA

View Full Version : Minilogin with DR6

Cisyouc
07-08-2004, 03:12 PM
Will this ever be coming back? I loved being able to run EMu locally...

Or does anyone yet know a work around to this that lets me run it locally?

eristole
07-09-2004, 01:45 AM
the only work around i've found as of yet, is to use the eqemu login servers, but set everything else up to run locally. (so all the world and zones will be running through you. and other people outside your network will NOT be able to logon..)

i however am not sure if this is allowed by the eqemu people. it would seem to be a huge hassle on their login servers for people to start doing this just to play eq on their own lans.

it is however a very good option for people on a lan who only have like a 56k connection. (i recently moved to arizona to attend school here and my family is letting me use their house in bumfu** AZ to setup everything here.. unfortunately, 56k is all i can get ..dial up sucks.. so with 5 people running on a lan, and all using one dial-up.. things can get.. ugly...)

let me restate however, i am not sure if this is allowed or not. If the head honcho's say its a no no.. sorry.. but if it is allowed, i'd be more than happy to help you get it up and running if you have any problems.