PDA

View Full Version : world.exe crashing, no characters being made...

Fartingfool
07-16-2004, 10:36 PM
Well did some searching, did some googling, did some asking around but didnt get much at 4-6am EST heh.

For specs list:
Windows 2000 adv serv
MySQL 4
EQEmu 0.5.7 DR6

Well i got EQ to work with like the skorpious server so its not a client issue on my side as far as I know

When I login to create a character it goes good until I click the final next and it says Submitting character name yada yada then the screen turns to as if I was zoning, lag bar, zone name (similiar to like a ldon name cant remember it off the top of my head), then it says Disconnected accross the screen, boots me to login, and World.exe is closed. Also when I try to come back in to see if a character was made, none were. Tried a few things not sure what else I can do

Heres loginserver.ini for ya

[LoginServer]
loginserver=eqemulator.net
loginserver2=eqemulator.net
loginserver3=eqemulator.net
loginport=5995
loginport2=5995
loginport3=5995
worldname=GuildHood [Testing Phases]
worldaddress=24.96.82.122
locked=false

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=0
Unavailzone=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=Standalone
ServerPort=5999
UplinkAddress=
UplinkPort=
UplinkAccount=
UplinkPassword=

[ChatChannelServer]
server=localhost

boot5zones.bat

REM:--------------Start-----------------------
@echo off

if NOT exist spells_us.txt goto NOSPELL

start zone . 24.96.82.122 7995 localhost
start zone . 24.96.82.122 7996 localhost
start zone . 24.96.82.122 7997 localhost
start zone . 24.96.82.122 7998 localhost
start zone . 24.96.82.122 7999 localhost
exit
cls

:NOSPELL
echo You did not copy the spells_us.txt from your everquest directory to this one. Please do so or zones will crash on startup.
PAUSE

REM:---------------END------------------------

Any help would be good

EDIT: I have also removed the extra login ports and servers like LE told me, I just did a fresh reinstall just in case and didnt change it this round, neither one made a difference as far as I could tell

Branks
07-17-2004, 08:53 PM
this happened to me while i was altering start zones for characters in my database and created a character without any start zone entry, also for some reason when i source some of the db updates i seem to get a double entries in my start_zones table, while this causes no problems with windows xp it might be with 2k.

so if youve altered either of these, double check it or try creating a chacter you know exsists in the start_zones table, also i believe somewhere in the code itself things are setup to use pretty much eqlive start zones if it cant find a useable entry in start_zones, so if youve removed the old world starting zones this would also cause a similar problem i assume. and the thing with it saying its entering some ldon zone after you push the next button for the last time is a common bug that seems to happen on all emus but still puts you at your correct start spot, so thats probably not an issue to worry about.

Fartingfool
07-17-2004, 10:27 PM
Havent altered any of those files, pretty much a raw start as far as I can tell. I did download the configured version tho but I don't see how that can cause a problem? Also if the sql dumps dont match up with the server could this screw it up also? If so where can I find the correct ones that match the server specifications

Branks
07-18-2004, 08:22 AM
what do you mean a configured version? do world.exe or zone.exe have any errors at all when you start them up before starting the client? also do any of your zone windows say anything after the crash has happened? or are they all still at
[status] entering sleep mode.
connected to worldserver: ---.---.---.---.----
with some error along the bottom here from world.exe crashing

one of them should have some more information in it about booting up a zone, assuming it made it that far.

also you did make a copy of spells_en.txt and spells_us.txt to put into your eqemu folder correct? i dout that would cause this issue however ive read of odd problems being caused by them not being there and also just making a general checklist of somehting you may have forgoten. you should also have a cfg folder with .cfg files for each zone in it, however, honestly i dont think these do anything at all anymore.

im no expert on this so im just going by what ive seen while breaking my own server, i really feel you should use a tool such as mysql-front to check over your zone tables and start_zones table, especially if you meant you downloaded a custom configured database, also could you list all the updates youve sourced into your db so far? with each dump of the server source they include an itemtablechages.sql file however if you didnt use this you would have a ton of errors starting world or zone.exe

anyway if your not getting any errors while starting world or zone.exe, just to rule out the option of bad start_zones could you make a backup of your current config for race 6, class 2 combination in start_zones and put this in the field temporarily x=
-403.8 y= -189.6 z= -6.2 zone_id=40 player_choice=5 player_class=2 player_diety=206 player_race=6 start_zone=40 and the go to the zones table and make sure that neriakaA's zone ID number is 40, then try making a darkelf cleric and see if this works, i know this start zone isnt the correct one but its one i know works on my server. anyway GL with it and let us know the outcome

Fartingfool
07-18-2004, 01:38 PM
No work with the editing of start zone =/, as for any errors message I dont see any cept for the .time.cfg thing but that comes later on after makin a toon.

Also when users connect they get 1017

layziethekid
07-18-2004, 02:13 PM
If you fix the 1017 error, maybe you can pass that bit of info onto SoE. Since they seem to always have issues with 10XX login errors. lol

Fartingfool
07-18-2004, 05:45 PM
Well its working now, I got a server that was already setup, including the dumps to the sql server (already dumped) and configured em with my settings and it works.

Only thing I can think of that may have been wrong is the spells list cause I did use a version that ahead of eqemu server supported.

Hope this may help to anyone who may have this issue

Fartingfool
07-18-2004, 09:26 PM
Server works for me, can do everything

But when others try to connect they get 1017 and world.exe says their account and they repeaditly login, then disconnect

Any suggestions?