PDA

View Full Version : Getting an Error in Mysql

Xlanr
07-21-2004, 12:23 PM
Ok , After reading the manual doing some searching on the forums for a bit probably been at this for about an hour or more and figured maybe someone knows something and can help me on it before I find the anwser if I can.

I keep getting an error while trying to create a database.

I type

create database eq; and it says

Error1044: access denied for user: '@localhost' to database 'eq'

I scrolled down and read alittle more on the setup and saw that GRANT all thingy and tried it but didnt help, looked like it might tho hehe anyhoo. Would apperciate any help please and thank you.

sianyde
07-21-2004, 02:26 PM
I keep getting an error while trying to create a database.

I type

create database eq; and it says

Error1044: access denied for user: '@localhost' to database 'eq'

what command are you using to start the mysql at the console? also, have you started winsqladmin?
and, do you have the front-end for mysql?

Xlanr
07-21-2004, 02:30 PM
I was following this guide http://eqemulator.net/serverguide.php and I got down to this point

- Go to your MySQL bin directory ( C:\mysql\bin ) and open " mysql.exe "

- Now type the following in this order ( Type one line, hit enter, move on to next)

create database eq;

But when I tried to create the database I recieved that Error 1044.

Xlanr
07-21-2004, 02:32 PM
Opps and yes I started the winmysqladmin.

sianyde
07-21-2004, 02:35 PM
[quote="Xlanr"]I was following this guide [quote]

OK. I just did a search for 'mysql AND 1044'. the second thread in the list was this one

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13256&highlight=mysql+1044

Did you try this?

Xlanr
07-21-2004, 02:52 PM
God... Now when I type this out

GRANT ALL OPTIONS ON *.* TO <your username for db>@localhost IDENTIFIED BY <'your pw for your db'> WITH GRANT OPTION;

it says syntax error hehe... go figure and im not using < > and i am using the ' '

I just dont think this thing likes me hehe

sianyde
07-21-2004, 02:56 PM
that should be grant all privileges on *.* to username@localhost identified by password with grant option;

Xlanr
07-21-2004, 03:05 PM
I knew you were going to say that , I actually tried that one also but it gave me error 1045 which is access denied for user: @localhost which is same error as other one, but it also says (Using password : NO) which I never go that one.

I think what might be going on is im not on the right user by chance? because shouldnt it say username@localhost not just @localhost? *shrug*

Cripp
07-21-2004, 03:58 PM
you need to open a command prompt.
type.. cd C:\mysql\bin (or where ever mysql is installed)
then type.. mysql -u root
then create the database and grant priviliges or whatever you wanna do.

Xlanr
07-21-2004, 04:17 PM
That solves most my problems well all the problems I was having, but now it says MySQL error #1405 or #2001 , my username and pasword that were presented were rejected.... but I know their right...

Xlanr
07-21-2004, 04:38 PM
I know my username and password are right, but for some reason they never work, but when i use root as username and no pass it lets stuff work... but i still cant get the world.exe to load with root and no pass....... it just exits right away

Xlanr
07-22-2004, 03:46 AM
Ok I finaly got everything working, But now when I try to login to the server with eqgame it quits right away. I have the patchme in the target line, and using the account name thats in my loginserver.ini and minilogin.ini. Anyclues why its shutting off right as I enter the username /password and hit enter?

thanks for all the help guys.

sianyde
07-22-2004, 10:05 AM
you need to search more comprehensively. you'd see that minilogin hasn't worked in ages.