PDA

View Full Version : help with item editor

zshasis
07-24-2004, 04:11 PM
ok i have been at this for the past 5 hours and no luck everytime i try and load up the item lists in the editor (im using mangoo 5.x) i get nothing notta for items it tells me that 5000 and some odd spells but i get no lists at all and also everytime i click to open the editor the options window comes up and when i hit ok it says and error has occured and closes on me so i have to hit cancel just to open it and suggestions?

hypershadow66
07-24-2004, 08:01 PM
he also is using the database that I use and the item editor loads items on my computer and he has got all the options correct on the options screen.

zshasis
07-26-2004, 02:11 AM
ok now i have gotten a list but that list has no stats for any of the items and thats only when i but just eq on the database name and leave the rest blank and also when i click to open the item editor by clicking on teh icon adn then the options come up and i hit ok it crashes and tells me that an error has occured and it must close and i have to open it up and hit the cancel button to open it then change the options to contain jsut database name eq and then it has a list of all items but no stats for any of them

jimbox114
07-26-2004, 07:50 AM
Don't know if it helps or not, but I seemed to have alot better luck useing the Eqemu admin software to edit item. I couldn't get it to work with createing all new item numbers, but when i went in and edited a junk item (Curscale armor is a good thing to edit since it don't drop anywhere) I was able to make a bunch of items.

hypershadow66
07-26-2004, 07:54 AM
hOw do you sAve items with EQAmin? i click commit item or whatever, then i click commit changes but when i go to my database later, the new items i make arent there...

jimbox114
07-26-2004, 07:57 AM
For me when I hit commit changes it saves them. Are you editing a existing item, or trying to make a all new one? I never could make a new item with a new number. I always edit a old item. Only time it didn't work for me when editing a old item is when I tried to make a weapon with outrageous stats. I tried to make a GM item with like 1000 to everything with a 10 delay and it wouldn't save it. I went back and made it something like 255 to everything and it worked fine though.

hypershadow66
07-26-2004, 08:14 AM
Oh i always made new items, but it doesnt matter cuz My itemeditor works lol :lol: