PDA

View Full Version : I broke my server....again *sigh*

jimbox114
07-26-2004, 08:00 AM
I don't know what happened here. I was able to boot it up fine earlier and I was on it making new spawns, testing my created items, etc.

I had to leave and go run errands, so I shut the server down. Now when I open up boot5zones it immediate shuts 1 of them down, and the other 4 hang at loading npc's for about 5 minutes then they shut down. Needless to say my server now stays locked and I can't get into any zones.

The only thing I have edited since my server last worked was I made a couple of custom items (edited old ones of course).

My World.exe does not show any errors when booting up.

(EDIT)

The NPC_Factionlists is where it seems to hang.

jimbox114
07-26-2004, 05:54 PM
Anybody got a idea what has happened? I have used search, but as usual have gotten hundreds of topics, none of which seem to help.

I noticed while useing eqadmin I got some fatal errors that threw me out of the program. I don't know what the problem was, I just clicked one of the tabs and all of a sudden got liek 3 error messages that said fatal err blah blah blah.

hypershadow66
07-26-2004, 06:51 PM
the zoneautority thing tab usually is the only one that kicks me out dunno why, but i guess that wont help you =( lol sorry

jimbox114
07-27-2004, 10:38 AM
No, either nobody has a clue whats wrong, or nobody wants to tell me. If I at least knew what I did to break it I could start over, but I don't know what could have done it. If I was to guess Id say that eqadmin did something to screw it up when I got those fatal errors, but I don't know if I would have to replace the Database, the emu, or what? I don't care to start over on the Database if that is what I gotta do.

Cisyouc
07-27-2004, 11:13 AM
Do this,

Start your world.exe

next, go to Start>Run
Type in "cmd" and click Okay.

Next enter "cd\eqemu" (w/o quotes) or whatever your EQEmu dir is, and hit enter.

type in the following:

zone . localhost 7997 localhost
(replace localhost with your server ip)

Now zone.exe should load but it wont automatically close when theres an error. Now, once the error message comes up, right click the zone.exe and hit select all. Next, Hold CTRL and tap C. Come back here and Paste the output.

jimbox114
07-27-2004, 12:21 PM
The error seems to be with the faction area. I did go in there and try to make a new faction, seems like that is when eqadmin gave me the fatal errors one after another. Guess it corrupted my database?? Do I got to redo the whole database, or is there a way to just fix the faction part? I got the faction update sql file, can i just source it in and fix it? I don't want to do anything though till I know, while I am willing to start over I do hate to lose the changes I made to the database.
http://www.netacs.net/~jimbox114/error.jpg

sianyde
07-28-2004, 03:58 PM
Yep, that looks like the work of an EQAdmin failure.