PDA

View Full Version : Ugg!!!!!!!!

jimbox114
07-27-2004, 06:12 PM
Ok, I have been up half the night trying to figure this out. I have deleted the database and resourced it so many times Im about ot pull my hair out. I am useing the mw_057dr2_alpha, which to my knowledge is the most up to date database out there? Every time I source it right close to the end I get a beep and I can briefly see that is it a error message. I have tried useing Just this database, and I have tried useing it with the loot_updates and npc_type_updates. When I use Loot_updates I get a ton of errors, and npc_type_updates don't work at all. I would be content at this point to have a completely blank database if it would let me actually spawn mobs. However when I tried useing just db.sql I still get the error. I also AM NOT useing db.sql when I source mq_057_alpha.sql. Like I said I have deleted and created that database about a ton of times I think.

I tried the AC fix as it is called here:

ALTER TABLE `npc_types` ADD `AC` smallint(5) not null default 0;
ALTER TABLE items ADD unknown008 INT(11) DEFAULT "0" NOT NULL;

And I still get the classic can't load itemdata when I boot World.exe. I had this fixed before with the help of from another server. Before useing the altertable commands above it was fixed. However, as can been seen in the other post below (I broke my database) I ended up corrupted my database useing that eqadmin program. After getting frustrated I thought I coudl just delete the database and start from scratch...apparently not.

I know people are sick of seeing my help posts on here, but I never can find anything with the search button and I really want to get this server going. For the past week I have been sitting up night after night reading post after post only to find broken links, out of date info, etc.

sotonin
07-28-2004, 02:27 AM
I think this just might be over your head sadly.

If you can't get it working with blastoma's files, which i saw linked to you in a past thread, then you are beyond our help. =(

Sakrateri
07-28-2004, 04:33 AM
Damnit Jim , Ive given er all she got !! Yo calm down jimmy , Instead of deleting your database just try to create a new one, if you are using eq make a new one called eq2 or such then source in mw_057dr2_alpha ONLY ! then change your db in your db.ini to reflect the new database . then see if it dont work for ya , then we can go from there

Sakrateri,

ServerOp, Fates Destiny.

jimbox114
07-28-2004, 04:41 AM
I think this just might be over your head sadly.

If you can't get it working with blastoma's files, which i saw linked to you in a past thread, then you are beyond our help. =(

There is so many threads here I don't know which one is blastoma's Files. How can a person be expected to fix these databasees when there is no info given other then source blah.sql;?? I mean the posts say you should see NO ERRORS and yet I do when sourceing. OF course every post you look at on here talks about old versions of the emu, I see very few that directly say "This will work with .5.7 dr7" (which is obviously the only one to use now).

I am really surprised there is nobody else out there having the problems I am. I know I am not some AOL noob who has to get help to install a program on there PC. Is every single server op out there a college graduate in computer science?

Sakrateri
07-28-2004, 05:00 AM
Also remember besides Doctor "DR" also means Developer Release which is not supported in anyway so if you do get it going then Kudos to you. Calm down , have a beer (or six) then lets have another stab at this mess, it can be achieved with a fresh buzz !!

Sakrateri,

ServerOp, Fates Destiny.

jimbox114
07-28-2004, 05:05 AM
Ok I made a db called eq2. I changed the db.ini to reflect the change. I sourced it with nothing but mw_057dr22_alpha_1.sql;.

As usual I got the 1 beep towards the end of sourceing and this error:

http://www.netacs.net/~jimbox114/dberror.jpg

Last time I did this I did that AC fix talked about at pqe that I talked about above, but it still didn't work. For right now I have done nothing but source in the above database. Of course I did the create database eq2; and use eq2; before sourceing.

Facet42
07-28-2004, 05:14 AM
There is an itemtableschanges.sql file that you need to run against the database. It should be in the same directory as the Server.dsw workspace...

jimbox114
07-28-2004, 06:14 AM
There is an itemtableschanges.sql file that you need to run against the database. It should be in the same directory as the Server.dsw workspace...

I went in and sourced that in, took about 10 seconds and gave me 1 beep saying duplicate entry found. I ran world.exe after exiting out of mysql and get the same error as above.

Sakrateri
07-28-2004, 10:00 AM
Yo , I remember now, I had the exact same problem so what i did was use the MW055_alpha_02 database to get mine working and then sourced in EQEMU-SQL-06-16-04 make up another database and try those . if this dont work I can send you the eq database I am using and you can copy that in mysql\data

Sakrateri,

ServerOp, Fates Destiny.

sianyde
07-28-2004, 03:54 PM
Last time I did this I did that AC fix talked about at pqe that I talked about above, but it still didn't work. For right now I have done nothing but source in the above database. Of course I did the create database eq2; and use eq2; before sourceing.

That didn't work b/c the AC fix inserts a missing AC column in the npc_types table. Your problem is a missing charges column in the items db. I think you ought to brush up on some SQL. You'll need it to make any real db tweaks unless you like grinding along with EQAdmin.

Why don't you try manually inserting that column into the db, and giving it a default value of 0? That should at least let you get your server up and running and let you begin to play, even though items with charges won't be accurate.

I recommend you get govtcheez's loots update after you add that column, and source it. Then you'll have accurate charges for items that have charges.

I also think this 'one error' you keep getting when sourcing files is that you are missing the column, and the .sql file just assumes it's there. You have to know that .sql files are nothing more than a batch of SQL commands to run.

hypershadow66
07-28-2004, 05:21 PM
Downlload the newest dump, its called newdumpeditems.sql, source it, then go onto mysql front and delete the old items table, and rename items_new to be items. That is what works.

jimbox114
07-29-2004, 03:32 PM
I got it working again. I used the loottableupdate and then did the ac fix and it works fine now.

I wouldn't even know where to start on trying to "Brush Up" on mysql. It might take longer, but it is easier for me to just use eqadmin to add loottables. I finnally did get the loottables working, think I will just stay away from editing the factions. It it not really a high priority thing for me anyways.

Sakrateri
07-29-2004, 11:31 PM
Have you tried Mysql-front?? it is very easy way to manipulate your database

Sakrateri,
ServerOp, Fates Destiny.

jimbox114
07-30-2004, 12:00 AM
Have you tried Mysql-front?? it is very easy way to manipulate your database

Sakrateri,
ServerOp, Fates Destiny.

I have it installed, however where it only really seems to show numbers instead of numbers/names it is hard to work with for me. Like for instance I am still trying to edit the direction my custom npc's look. I wsa told to edit the spawn2 (and nothing else). Well I go in there and all I can see is a bunch of qeynos spawns and there id's. It does not seem to show the actual names of the mobs, and I have like 30 custom mobs in freportw and no clue where each of there ID's are. I also can't seem to actually change between zones on there. I click the zone icon at the top and it goes to acrylia caverns, click it again and it jumps to western wastes. Don't see how to tell it to go to whichever zone you want it to go to, and even if I did I wouldn't know the spawn id's of the mobs I made anyways.

hypershadow66
07-30-2004, 05:15 AM
if you can login to your server and it works, flag your account to 200 or so, the go in there and stand (facing the way you want your NPC to face, and in the spot you want you nPC at), then have the NPC targeted, then do the /summon command, It will be exactley in the spot you are

sotonin
07-30-2004, 05:26 AM
But the npc wont stay there.

And it seems the #npcspawn update command does absolutely nothing in the latest cvs's

hypershadow66
07-30-2004, 05:37 AM
After you get the spawn just how you want it, Do #npcspawn Create

Then hit enter, it will keep it there, to make it show up, zone out for a couple minutes then go back, then do #repop. It should show up there then. =)

sotonin
07-30-2004, 06:39 AM
lol.

you dont understand what #npcspawn create does obviously.

it creates a DUPLICATE of whatever npc you use it on to start.
So if you use it on a orc pawn it doesnt make that orc pawn spawn there, if you use it often it will clutter up your DB with a crapload of npctypes

#npcspawn create is for taking a #spawn'ed creature (which might i add they suck by default youd have to manually edit runspeed walkspeed etc in db before they can even move. Wish there was a more detailed #spawn command at our disposal.

#npcspawn add takes an existing npctype that was summoned with #npctypespawn and adds a new spawn record for it.

#npcspawn update is supposed to take a mob that already has a spawn point in place and UPDATE it with the new moved location. This command does NOT work though. =\

jimbox114
07-30-2004, 08:16 AM
lol.

you dont understand what #npcspawn create does obviously.

it creates a DUPLICATE of whatever npc you use it on to start.
So if you use it on a orc pawn it doesnt make that orc pawn spawn there, if you use it often it will clutter up your DB with a crapload of npctypes

#npcspawn create is for taking a #spawn'ed creature (which might i add they suck by default youd have to manually edit runspeed walkspeed etc in db before they can even move. Wish there was a more detailed #spawn command at our disposal.

#npcspawn add takes an existing npctype that was summoned with #npctypespawn and adds a new spawn record for it.

#npcspawn update is supposed to take a mob that already has a spawn point in place and UPDATE it with the new moved location. This command does NOT work though. =\

Yea it does make a mess, but so far that is the only way I see to do it. Despite what many say, there is not alot of rock solid info on working these emu's. Half the stickies and tutorials are for older versions of the emu and don't work anymore. That is the main problem I had setting up my database. There is like 3 stickies out there all telling you to use different databases. None of them tell you that you need to do the AC fix either, which was a major problem for me.

sianyde
07-30-2004, 11:47 AM
I have it installed, however where it only really seems to show numbers instead of numbers/names it is hard to work with for me. Like for instance I am still trying to edit the direction my custom npc's look. I wsa told to edit the spawn2 (and nothing else). Well I go in there and all I can see is a bunch of qeynos spawns and there id's. It does not seem to show the actual names of the mobs, and I have like 30 custom mobs in freportw and no clue where each of there ID's are. I also can't seem to actually change between zones on there. I click the zone icon at the top and it goes to acrylia caverns, click it again and it jumps to western wastes. Don't see how to tell it to go to whichever zone you want it to go to, and even if I did I wouldn't know the spawn id's of the mobs I made anyways.

With an SQL query, you can select exactly the fields you want. For example:

select name, level
from npc_types
where name like '%orc%'

There is a redickerous amount of SQL tutorials, from mundane to arcane, all over the web. Google for them.

If you're adding NPC's, you'll have to edit more than just the spawn2 table. Here's (what I feel, and how I learned) a good link (and it even explains the tables in detail, so you'll learn how it works instead of just going through the motions):

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14391&sid=155d19983f51ed7c8d4a1e890747496b

Remember that this is not a product. It's a public project. The information you'll need it is not organized neatly into a compendium. To get started, you're going to have to work at it, tear your hair out, search through posts, slog through flames, and learn to separate the bull from the bullshit.

But you'll feel better about yourself and be a bit knowledgeable about EQ and computers in general once you get through it.

sotonin
07-30-2004, 01:11 PM
very nice link.

do you know of a post where they explani the specifics of npc_spells and npc_spell_entries?