PDA

View Full Version : MySql issues

Moman
07-28-2004, 04:11 PM
Okies, dunno if this is right forum, move if you must :D

Anyways, heres my problem; i installed MySql a day ago and when it prompted the username/password box (i assume to set them) i was constantly pushing escape cause my stupid norton antivirus had just started its daily sweep and was pushing my computer to the point of crashing...

now i am trying to learn how to setup servers n' such but when i get to starting world.exe and tries to access the database mysql will not let it because 'wrong username or password', so the question is;

is there a way to reset the username / password on MySql? (using freebie version)

Thanks for all the help in advance

bloodgoth
07-28-2004, 04:15 PM
Think you might have to reinstall, it sets it there... There might be a ini file or the such in the mysql directory whee you could set it though. I'm not exactly 100%.

Cripp
07-28-2004, 04:16 PM
gotta do...

mysql -u root
use yourdatabasename;
grant all privileges on *.* to yourusername@localhost identified by 'yourpassword' with grant option;

this is how you make user/pass for db :)

oh yea.. my.ini in C:\windows is also the general mysql password.

Moman
07-28-2004, 04:31 PM
I tried re-installation this morning to no avail... it just didnt ask the second time, and i looked at C:/windows/my.ini, however all it had was

[WinMySQLAdmin]
Server=C:/mysql/bin/mysqld-nt.exe

and second thing, what do you mean in *.* in

grant all privileges on *.* to yourusername@localhost identified by 'yourpassword' with grant option;

thanks for the speedie responses

EDIT: oh, i forgot to mention i just got EQAdmin to conect to the database, using root and no password (world.exe and db.ini require a password) and 'local host'

[GENERAL]
DBNAME=eq
DBHOST=localhost
DBUSERNAME=root
DBPASSWORD=

Cripp
07-28-2004, 05:01 PM
leave *.* as it is.
and for db.ini
you would use the user/pass you used with the grant privileges thing. dont use root.

hypershadow66
07-28-2004, 05:18 PM
Bah if you want to reset your Mysql Username/pass Do a search on your drives for my.ini Then in that change username and pass, it stores them on that file. doh

Moman
07-28-2004, 06:12 PM
Tried doing that grant all priveleges thing and i got it to work; had a syntax error before and that why it wasnt working then; i noticed something else though, when i am running mysql.bat (as instructed in numerous guides) i change the current database to 'eq' upon closing the .bat window and reopening to check the status it has changed even though the mysql process continues to run...

my question is; is this normal? does everyone have to leave there mysql.bat prompts open to ensure the server serves the proper database?

By the way Hypershadow66, i did a search of my HD and came up with only one my.ini (the one i was looking at above) and all i found in it, just like before was;

[WinMySQLAdmin]

i dont know about you, but i dont see username/password

hypershadow66
07-28-2004, 06:44 PM
Ok, so i guess the version thats out changed it for security reasons or what ever. i dont know now... lol

Cripp
07-28-2004, 10:51 PM
no you dont need to run mysql.bat. mysql runs in the backround for all db.

monalin crusader
07-29-2004, 08:37 AM
Open MysqlAdmin and click the my.ini file and edit the password and username. You never created the password and or username so if it doesnt show up then make your file look like this.

#This File was made using the WinMySQLAdmin 1.4 Tool
#7/27/2004 3:53:12 PM

#Uncomment or Add only the keys that you know how works.
#Read the MySQL Manual for instructions

[mysqld]
basedir=C:/mysql
#bind-address=IP ADDRESS
datadir=C:/mysql/data
#language=C:/mysql/share/your language directory
#slow query log#=
#tmpdir#=
#port=3306
#set-variable=key_buffer=16M

[WinMySQLadmin]
user=USERNAME
password=PASSWORD

Moman
07-29-2004, 11:23 AM
Okies did monalin-crusaders idea and it seems to be working, also that fixed the issue with the database reseting or whatever was happening before that was hindering EQAdmin; another issue since we already opened a topic, no need to waste forum space; an odd thing i have noticed about my EQAdmin (version 5.2) is that in the item menu the list of what should be avatars for the items has been replaced with the avatars of warcraft 3! i thought it odd; is there a file i need to download to correct that error, or am i stuck with warcraft 3?

much thankies to all helping me through my n00bishness