PDA

View Full Version : invalid account key

plzkthx
07-29-2004, 04:40 PM
i am a new user getting ready to play and trying to get started and heres my problem, i read merths guide and got all the way to the part where i enter in the account key(which is after i double-click the shortcut and get to account, i click account and it windows eq and brings up eq webpage, i filled in all pages up to account key just fine) it says "this is not a valid account key".

does anybody hae any clue whats wrong?

kathgar
07-29-2004, 08:28 PM
Create a Login Server account.

1. Visit http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/profile.php?mode=editprofile and take note of your email address and Login Server Activation Key.
2. Double click on the icon created above on your desktop
NOTE: If you receive the message "Please run EverQuest.exe", you forgot to add patchme to your shortcut - which is part of this tutorial!
3. Once you have started the client, click Account, then New.
NOTE: If you see the NEW login screen you cannot currently make a new account. Even if you had an account we have not updated the servers so you would not be able to connect. If you had a webpage come up when you clicked Account, I am talking to you. ENDNOTE
The only information we need on the first page is your email address, the other information is discarded. The EQ client still requires that you fill in the address fields and DOB, but this info is not used so feel free to put whatever you want there. On the third page fill in all fields and use your Login Server Activation Key as your key. Note that three login server accounts can be created per activation key. Take note of your account name and password that you have just created, this will let you play on servers!

NOTE: If you see the NEW login screen you cannot currently make a new account. Even if you had an account we have not updated the servers so you would not be able to connect. If you had a webpage come up when you clicked Account, I am talking to you. ENDNOTE

Use the link on the left on the main page

plzkthx
07-30-2004, 03:52 AM
so this means i must wait until they update before i can play?

sotonin
07-30-2004, 04:11 AM
yes

plzkthx
07-30-2004, 04:29 AM
when will it be playable again?

hypershadow66
07-30-2004, 05:08 AM
when they are done :shock:

plzkthx
07-30-2004, 05:13 AM
doh!