PDA

View Full Version : Item shifting/changeing/etc

jimbox114
08-01-2004, 09:47 AM
I have seen other servers that have this same problem. Its when you zone your items shift around, or just completely vanish. I have even tried #save before I zone, but it still does it. The only time it don't do it is if I zone normally. However if I die or #zone It pretty much does it.

Cisyouc
08-01-2004, 10:50 AM
If you used someone elses compilation of the source, find a different one. My server used to do that.

jimbox114
08-02-2004, 09:50 AM
I have allready spend over a week adding new npc's, new items, etc etc. Don't want to start all over again.

Cisyouc
08-02-2004, 11:43 AM
I didn't say a new database.

jimbox114
08-03-2004, 04:53 AM
So what would you recommend then? Im sorry im not a professional and these bits and pieces of a answer don't always help.

sotonin
08-03-2004, 05:42 AM
Jesus man. Give up already =\

There's 2 components to an emu server.

SOURCE
Database

Each one is completely seperate. The source is compiled into the executable files that power the server.

The database is simple data in a database that holds the spawn and npc info, etc.

If you don't know this basic information by now you just need to quit already, there are BASIC guides. at least 7 stickies that cover this basic area, and regardless of how outdated they are, they still explain these basics.

jimbox114
08-03-2004, 03:54 PM
Jesus man. Give up already =\

There's 2 components to an emu server.

SOURCE
Database

Each one is completely seperate. The source is compiled into the executable files that power the server.

The database is simple data in a database that holds the spawn and npc info, etc.

If you don't know this basic information by now you just need to quit already, there are BASIC guides. at least 7 stickies that cover this basic area, and regardless of how outdated they are, they still explain these basics.

The problem has been fixed. Thanks for all your support, its really appreciated.

jimbox114
08-07-2004, 03:06 PM
Well I THOUGHT I had this fixed, but apparently it still exists. It is no where near as bad as it had been, but still items are moving about. It seems to normally happen when a user upgrades from 1 piece of armor to another. After zoning it wants to use the previous piece of armor. I have now tried 3 different builds. I forget what the first one was, but it was horrible. You couldn't zone anywhere without half your gear shifting around. The 2nd one I used was the 7-25-04 source I found in a thread, and my last attempt was the 7-15-04 build. At least now I don't have leggings shifting to the ear slot and breastplate showing up in your primary slot.