PDA

View Full Version : Running With 2 servers as 1

monalin crusader
08-04-2004, 06:47 AM
Ok I know it can be done becasue bUsh did it on his server TGL. I was wondering how you can set up servers where world.exe is on one and the zone.exe servers are on another computer.

Mostly i think i've got it down atm. I need to know how the boot5zones.bat needs to be up far as IP addresses go.

Also how do you setup db.ini.

I've tryed all i can think of and read up on the Error: #2006 but still keep getting that error the zones cant seem to find the db i'm not sure why though. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RangerDown
08-04-2004, 08:10 AM
Make sure the db.ini file is set correctly on BOTH machines. The database is on one machine or the other -- this means that the db.ini file might differ slightly on each machine. You can't be saying "localhost" as the db server on the machine it's not on :P

hypershadow66
08-04-2004, 09:03 AM
To get 2 machines to be running for the same server, run world on one with DB.ini having localhost and your DB's name your Username/pass etc. then on the other comp, if your on a network, instead of localhost put the internal IP of the computer thats running world.exe. if not on a network, put external IP. and boot5zone would be the IP of the other computer on both sides of the port i think.

monalin crusader
08-04-2004, 04:25 PM
Heres how its set up atm.

Computer With DB and world.exe

db.ini
[Database]
host=localhost
user=USERNAME
password=PASSWORD
database=eq
compression=off

Other Computer

db.ini
[Database]
host=EXTERNAL IP OF HOST COMPUTER
user=USERNAME
password=PASSWORD
database=eq
compression=off

REM:--------------Start-----------------------
@echo off

if NOT exist spells_us.txt goto NOSPELL

start zone katta (EXTERNAL IP OF COMPUTER 1) 7995 (EXTERNAL IP OF COMPUTER 1)

exit
cls

:NOSPELL
echo You did not copy the spells_us.txt from your everquest directory to this one. Please do so or zones will crash on startup.
PAUSE

REM:---------------END------------------------

When i run it i get the Error #2006 and it still cant find the db i dont think. I'm not sure if anythings wrong in those files please help if it is.

wize_one
08-04-2004, 10:34 PM
need to grant DB access to the other machine..

hypershadow66
08-05-2004, 03:54 AM
Do the grant all access code of mysql, but make it where the username@localhost make localhost be the external IP of the computer you want to connect to world.exe

fathernitwit
08-05-2004, 04:44 AM
a general work-all grant for this would be:

grant all on eq.* TO username@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'password';

That will allow any IP to login with that username and password... This is circumventing some of mysql's IP based security, but I assume this is a local, protected server.