PDA

View Full Version : problem with making server

SoTRichard
08-04-2004, 07:29 PM
ive downloaded all the files and unziped the dumpeditems file to mysql\bin but when i go to do the command (source newdumpeditems.sql;) it works for a few seconds and then says error
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)

ERROR 1146 (42S02): Table 'mysql.variables' doesn't exist
ERROR 1146 (42S02): Table 'mysql.variables' doesn't exist
anyone know what that file is or where i can find it ?

hypershadow66
08-05-2004, 03:59 AM
First do this in mysql

create eq;

then

use eq;

then

source your SQL file

SoTRichard
08-05-2004, 04:33 AM
ok well that fixed that problem thanks.... now ive got a new one though... same situation except different error..

Query OK, 1 row affected (0.02 sec)

Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

ERROR 1136 (21S01): Column count doesn't match value count at row 1
any help with this one would also be appreciated... and this is when trying to do newdumpeditems source... even after doing create database eq; and use eq;

SoTRichard
08-05-2004, 09:22 AM
i think something is wrong in the file itself but i have to clue where to begin looking to fix it or whats wrong.... if anyone has any helpful information it would be much appreciated. Ive searched through forums for a while now and ive found errors similar to this one but were in the MW_057DR2_alpha_1.sql sourcing part. I have yet to find where someone had the error in the source newdumpeditems.sql part, but im guessing im not the only one. any links for updates or detailed steps to follow to correct the error would be nice, thanks. im following virus's guide and dowloaded my files from there...

hypershadow66
08-05-2004, 09:46 AM
Im pretty sure that error can be ignored, becaus that happened for my server but my server works

SoTRichard
08-05-2004, 12:37 PM
well i went ahead like you suggested and did the rest of what the guide said. when i opened world.exe a bunch of the errors #2006 saying mysql server has gone away keep coming up.... ive done the grant all privileges on eq.* to user@localhost identified by 'password' with grant option; thing over and over again... and ive looked under http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1169 and tried what it said but still getting the error. ive checked my password, username, database, and host in the db.txt and on run>cmd by testing it there. same password and username on mysql as well.... my server appears locked on the server screen .... any helpful info on what to do?

SoTRichard
08-05-2004, 04:08 PM
well disregard last post.... i fixed that problem by installing a lower version of mysql and now world.exe works.... now i need to find out what 10::scaler is because im missing that in perl for boot5zones apparently.. maybe i downloaded the wrong version, but im going to look some stuff up on the forums about it....

SoTRichard
08-05-2004, 04:44 PM
well i found out where IO::Scaler and Nmake files were and how to install them and such but im getting the same error at the very end of the script as alot of people on this page are http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13900&postdays=0&postorder=asc&hig hlight=io+scaler&start=0&sid=baa12a7e669eed2f7ddfc 5e54ac54657
going to research some more stuff now i guess

SoTRichard
08-05-2004, 06:36 PM
well i downloaded a perl file editor and followed what one of the posts said to change on the above site , second page. i changed the make>q[] directory and that seemed to solve it. im still getting the 7999 sleeping error when i boot my boot5zones like jimbox was on one of his posts, but its said that can be ignored since my server is green and unlocked now. the new error though is 1017 one when i try to logg onto my server... it might have to do with my router or firewalls. so im looking that up now... ill have my server on tomarrow so if you can logg into it then let me know.

SoTRichard
08-05-2004, 06:52 PM
well after reading some things on http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14112 about error 1017 i found out my gateway and typed it in, but i use motorolla router and the p/w wont work as admin so i couldnt go anywhere from there.... i also tried removing my firewalls and that didn't do anything, so if anyone else uses motoralla and knows the p/w it would be much appreciated... thanks

hypershadow66
08-05-2004, 07:18 PM
lol well you got this far on your own, first of all, check all the sources you have before asking questions, a mistake i made alot lol. Second You should try to forward ALL your ports on your computer, and Enable DMZ routing, if that doesnt work then the only thing i can think of is connect directley to your router with the computer

Sumerianbarkeep
08-15-2004, 07:30 AM
Hey SoTRichard,

you keep saying you fixed the problems but you never said how. i've been searching these forums for the last 2 weeks and i'm coming up short on answers. i'm basically have the same problems you were.

Darkdrizzt
08-15-2004, 06:03 PM
lol well you got this far on your own, first of all, check all the sources you have before asking questions, a mistake i made alot lol. Second You should try to forward ALL your ports on your computer, and Enable DMZ routing, if that doesnt work then the only thing i can think of is connect directley to your router with the computer ~hypershadow66

well theres one problem he has that i suppose you didnt notice, he said he cant get into his router because pw admin isnt working, so how exactly can he chage the DMZ forwarding? I would try checking your manual that came with your router, mine is a linksys but it tells you the pw in the manual, if that doesnt work try going to the router website