PDA

View Full Version : a sad state of affairs

CHowell2005
08-05-2004, 11:11 AM
i know how to get the server(world and zone.exe) up and running ive done it before...but what im having a problem figuring out is what database to use. I know how to use mysql and shouldnt have a problem getting the database to work but its jsut that ive read so many stickys and so many other posts involving databases most of which give a link to "the most recent databasE" but the fact is i really cant tell which is the most recent...all i want to know in one simple answer is.....what is the most recent database :wink: compared to live.....im guessing tcsmyworld ...with a new dumped items sourced into it...?

and just a suggestion...maybe there should be a cleanup of all these posts with links to lower confusion..because seriously...go look at all the posts that have links to "the most recent database" and such.....its mind boggling...its had my head spinning trying to find the actual most recent database

another question.....does the most recent cvs release..(i think july 30th?) fix the incompatibility problems from the mid july live patch?

Charmy
08-05-2004, 12:43 PM
http://www.peqserver.com best and near complete eqlive databases

there was a clean up, they removed tons of stickies, they just haven't delted the old posts.

No latest cvs doesnt work with mid july patch.

CHowell2005
08-05-2004, 02:29 PM
danke....so we've got an almost live database and soon(hopefully) we will get a new eqemu version...excellent...thanks for the reply

gottasummer
08-06-2004, 01:41 PM
so world.exe WILL crash if there is a bug in the database.. that explains it all I think