PDA

View Full Version : 0.5.3 Server

phenixdarkphire
08-05-2004, 11:21 AM
Does anyone know where I can get ahold of a 5.3 server? I'll recompile the code, if I have to.

Charmy
08-05-2004, 12:40 PM
why is everyone all of a sudden want this code? becuase of the sky? any 5.3 code you find will be full of bugs that have been fixed up until this point, the current databases aren't going to work with it without extensive code changes.

If the sky is the only thing your after, i suggest you just live with the dx9 skys for now and use the most recent cvs releases. if you have some other reason then i am interested in to why you want this old code.

sotonin
08-05-2004, 12:54 PM
probably because they hear WR uses that code and want something stable and functional as WR is. What they don't realize is WR has damn near most of their code completely rewritten the stock 0.5.3 code is pretty crappy im sure.

bbum
08-05-2004, 03:26 PM
i have a feeling its because dx9 sux cockz0r

hypershadow66
08-05-2004, 07:16 PM
because if they pacth with WR then they will be compatable to run a server AND login to it supposedley. im not sure if it works since WR changes some files.

phenixdarkphire
08-06-2004, 01:03 AM
bingo on the last post. Compatibility. If someone has a client version that will work with 0.5.6 or knows where I can get one, that'd be fine, too.

gottasummer
08-06-2004, 01:39 PM
um the WR client works with that version I thought... my test server Golden Retriever just is starting to load zones, one zone loaded, these zones take forever to load, i am starting to zone out on all of the zoning.

phenixdarkphire
08-07-2004, 08:12 AM
I can run my 0.5.6 server just fine, but when I try to connect to it, I get a 1017 error, which I thought made sense seeing as WR patches the client back to 0.5.3. Anybody know how I can fix this?

Charmy
08-07-2004, 04:01 PM
Only way to fix this is to find a copy of eqgame.exe that is compatible with that version of code. Please don't ask on these boards becuase you will get in trouble for doing so.

gottasummer
08-08-2004, 01:15 AM
WR patcher will get it to work, but....

That version is full of bugs, most of them are fixed in the newer version.. it is better to use the newest client that will work, and the working server, newest DR release.

Anyway, WR customized their database so much, it works well, I dont know.. but when I played on it a while ago, it appears as if they might have even customized the source code to meet their needs.

The one thing that I hate about the server though, is that the new DR release takes longer for zones to load, but anyway... my simple advise is, dont mess with it, I did at first, it makes it become like an EQClassic server.. its horrible in my opinion, I hate doing all of that, its just my advise, but dont use it.. WR staff is very knowledgable at all that they do, and they know what they are doing, unless you are so sure with yourself, and have setup a regular server before and know how to compile source code and mastered SQL commands and databases, then I do not recommend doing it, without basic knowledge, I recommend compiling the source code and playing around with it, its how you can learn but other than that, I dont recommend using an older client version.. it is just too buggy.

phenixdarkphire
08-08-2004, 02:45 AM
Where can I grab the newest DR release? Is there a site that has all those on it, or just I kinda just have to hunt around?

Melwin
08-08-2004, 03:16 AM
WR patcher will get it to work, but....

That version is full of bugs, most of them are fixed in the newer version.. it is better to use the newest client that will work, and the working server, newest DR release.

Anyway, WR customized their database so much, it works well, I dont know.. but when I played on it a while ago, it appears as if they might have even customized the source code to meet their needs.

That's an underestimate. We use maybe 30% of the original source code. The official version is, indeed, full of bugs.l

We didn't customize our DB per se, we made a new one altogether :P